This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCS TX15-B question

I have an older RCS TX15-B that's working now with HS1 and I'm trying to configure it to work with HS2.

Is "RCS X-10 Therm Plug-In" the proper plug-in and I get an error "Error - Running script: File not found: rcs_tx15b.thm" because thier is no script. I'm a bit confused and any help would be appreciated.

HomeSeer 2 uses thermostat plugins rather than scripts. Download the RCS thermostat plugin from the HomeSeer updater.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I would suggest you look at the doostat plugin, it is more advanced vb.net version of the RCS X10 thermostat plugin...........also available ovia the updater.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows 10 vmware)
      BLOccupied:,UltraNetCam3:,weatherXML:,RFXCOM:,Current Cost 3P:,UltraGCIR3:
      DMMQTT:,Kodi:,Z-Wave:,BLRadar:,EasyTrigger:,MySensors:,BLBackup:

Comment

I have downloaded and installed the plug-in. I wanted to know if "RCS X-10 Therm Plug-In" is the correct one for this unit.

If it uses plug-ins instead of scripts - which makes sense - then why do I gt an error that it can't find the script?

I'll look at the doostat plugin when I get this sorted out but thanks for the suggestion.

How do you remove a plug-in?

Comment

You need to disassociate the scripts from the device type via Setup > Device Types. I believe this is explained in the documentation for the plugin.

Comment

A little frustrated

I know you're trying to help but what may seem simple to you may not be so simple for others.

You work for HomeSeer so I expect a little more consideration.

First, is it the right plug-in?
            Second, what documentation? The plug-in info says that documentation is not available.
            Third, after going to Setup > Device Types and selecting the RCS TX15B Thermostat I get the page which I've included below. Now you tell me, what am I supposed to do with that?

I don't mean to be nasty about this but with Homeseer's decision to go to full support through this message board and, in my opinion, do a terrible job with documentation, they have a much greater responsibility to be more complete with their answers and suggestions.
            Attached Files

Comment

Tomsans,

You shouldn't need to configure anything in the window you showed.
              Just download doostat at http://www.doosoft.com/downloads.php.

Run the install, then after restarting/enabling the plugin, you should have a doostat tab. Then select configure, select the relevant model and house code, then click add. You should then see the devices created on your homepage. Watch the log and you should see initialization commands sent to the stat with corresponding responses. Once completed, you will see the summary attemps and the time it took to complete.

Good luck with it. Jim had done a great job with this plugin...

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Robert,

Thanks for the help. I guess I'm in the penalty box with Homeseer after my ever so slight rant on them.

Anyway, I did the download and install and things seem to work ok but how do I know if the software is using the original plug-in or the doostat plug in? Should I remove the older plug-in I got from Homeseer and if so, how does one do that?

Other than that it looks good.

Comment

You're not in trouble, just didn't see your response. If the plugin is working for you then your set. Just keep that plugin enabled and leave the other plugin disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by tomsans View Post
                    Robert,

Thanks for the help. I guess I'm in the penalty box with Homeseer after my ever so slight rant on them.

Anyway, I did the download and install and things seem to work ok but how do I know if the software is using the original plug-in or the doostat plug in? Should I remove the older plug-in I got from Homeseer and if so, how does one do that?

Other than that it looks good.
                    When you say original plug-in, I take it you upgraded from HS1 to HS2???
                    I ran the old plug-in when I ran HS1 up until a year ago almost to the day. However, when I went to HS2, I did a fresh install. Since this was the case,
                    I have and can still run HS1 if I wanted (don't know why I would...) and with that in my HS1 config, the thermostat was installed in the following path.
                    C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\bin\RCSX10Therm. In this directory, there is an uninstall program. You could execute this - but first I would check whether you can disable the 'old' plug-in via setup/interfaces. But my guess, it is unlikely registered there if it's from the HS1 days...
                    Of course, you can also take Rupp's advice and leave well enough alone.

BTW, you know that it is running with the new plug-in when looking at the logs. It will show information as mine does here:

22/02/2010 9:45:04 PM DooStat Info Hallway Thermostat K has been initialized
                    22/02/2010 9:45:04 PM DooStat Info Hallway Thermostat K initialization took 25.0 seconds

Glad to hear you're well on your way...

Robert
                    HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Robert,

Again, thanks for the help and the more I see of that plug-in the better I like it. I also see that the one I downloaded from Homeseer is "gone". Maybe DooStat removes it to avoid a conflict. I should have looked first.

Anyway, it works and that's what's important. AND!! There's reasonable documentation that goes along with it; something that HomeSeer is sorely lacking. So he'll be getting my donation for a complete job.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tomsans View Post
                        Robert,

Again, thanks for the help and the more I see of that plug-in the better I like it. I also see that the one I downloaded from Homeseer is "gone". Maybe DooStat removes it to avoid a conflict. I should have looked first.

Anyway, it works and that's what's important. AND!! There's reasonable documentation that goes along with it; something that HomeSeer is sorely lacking. So he'll be getting my donation for a complete job.

Tom
                        Tom,
                        Just so you know, Jim did both plugins.

Comment

Does the doostat plugin work with the TBX16 as well? And more specifically, is there any way to initialize a thermostat in firefox or safari? I have an mischievous thermostat that periodically jumps off the x-10. It requires a reinitialization to work again and I can't reinitialize from my mac.

Thanks,

Seth

Comment

Yes, I run doostat with a TXB16. Never realized until now that you can't initialize via FF. Perhaps Jim might know how to initialize the stat some how without IE. Though, I haven't seen him around here much in the last while...

Robert

Comment

Working...
                            X