X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RCS TX16B setup

I cannot communicate, HS is stuck on
    Please wait for thermostat to begin initializing ...

The log shows:
    <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/1/2011 6:08:12 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">RCSX10 Debug [ </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Web Server display: /rcsX10_control?housecode=J</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/1/2011 6:08:13 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">RCSX10 Info J </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Current operating state could not be determined. State assumed off</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">2/1/2011 6:08:28 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">RCSX10 Info J </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Current operating state could not be determined. State assumed off</td></tr></tbody></table>

RCS TX16B died

I am also having this issue

Comment

Are you guys using the latest RCS X-10 Therm Plug-In from the HomeSeer updater?
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
        Are you guys using the latest RCS X-10 Therm Plug-In from the HomeSeer updater?
        I'm using the latest version of Homeseer (Professional Edition 2.5.0.1) and the plugin (2.0.0.105). I also tried DOOSTAT - same problem ... I can control it by sending X10 commands directly.

Comment

Well, I cannot get the plug-ins to work.

Just for my understanding: would the TX16B report back the actual room temperature when polled, or only the last received set point?

I have read somewhere that there are different firmware versions for the TX16B - could that cause the problem? Although, I bought my TX16B about 6 weeks ago from smarthome.com ....

Comment

These are 2way stats so when you make a change they send an X10 signal indicating the change.

Comment

Originally posted by nagyg View Post
              Well, I cannot get the plug-ins to work.

Just for my understanding: would the TX16B report back the actual room temperature when polled, or only the last received set point?

I have read somewhere that there are different firmware versions for the TX16B - could that cause the problem? Although, I bought my TX16B about 6 weeks ago from smarthome.com ....
              If auto send is selected in the t-stat properties, it should report any change back to the plugin if one is detected. I have my stat configured with "Ack Message mode", "Echo command mode", and "Auto send mode" selected. It is on house code K - the only device in the house that is on K and has worked flawlessly since 2005 when I installed it. Even in my move to the new house, all works absolutely perfectly. For me, it's been a great stat.

Try changing the house code to something else...

Robert
              HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

do you use a cm11?
                if you are using a ctx 35 ( http://www.bwired.nl/weblog.asp?id=108 )
                some ctx35 will not work with a tx16b

Comment

Thanks for responding!!

I have a CM15A, it is set to monitor house code J, there is nothing else on J but the TX16B. As the plug in fails to initalize the TX16B I have been unable to set the acknowledgement parameters ... I also have an ACT CR234 coupler installed.
                  Last edited by ; February 7, 2011, 12:23 PM.

Comment

This is a common problem when using these stats. They need "pristine" communications. Try plugging in an extension cord to your stat and plug it into the same outlet as your X10 controller and see if it will initialize.

Comment

The problem is the cm15a doesn't support extended X-10.
                      See http://www.homeseer.com/support/cm15a.htm.

Robert
                      HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

Originally posted by langenet View Post
                        The problem is the cm15a doesn't support extended X-10.
                        See http://www.homeseer.com/support/cm15a.htm.

Robert
                        Thanks!! So what should I get, the PowerLinc USB? Could I run both, the CM15A and the PowerLinc USB concurrently? (My X10 ActiveHome Pro software is working fine and I like the fact that the macros can operate from the CM15A when the PC is down.)

Comment

Working...
                        X