X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blade
    Jeff,

When you have a sample of your router's logs, attach them here and I will have to write a parser for your router. The more router logs I get, the more people can use it.

Just make sure you tell me the exact model of your router.
    I did. They are just way up the page right now.
    --
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Sorry Jeff!

Got it

What version of BEFSR41 router do you have?
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Pretty sure, it's a version 1. I have had it for many years.
        --
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Steve,

Please forward the router logs to your HS computer and then run the VB.net standalone program that I attached near to top of the thread (it is called Router Logger) and capture the information it sends to you and then send me the output from the program. I think you will need to use port 162, but it could be 514.

When you have the logs from my stand-alone program, attach them here.

TIA
          Its was 162. Logs attached below
          Attached Files

Comment

Just an FYI...

I am testing the plugin now with Jeff (CFGuy) and he said it is running ok.

I am now adding some new features to it such as web interface pages, ability to choose Access or SQL server as the database, a router activity page where you will be able to customize the router logs displayed, and more.

Jeff has a Linksys BEFSR41 V1. I have added the parser for the BEFSR41 V3 and the BEFSR81 V3, but have not tested those ones yet.

Hopefully I can have a plugin in the updater for trial next week sometime (I hope).

I will keep you informed.
            Cheers,
            Bob

Comment

Just an FYI...

I am testing the plugin now with Jeff (CFGuy) and he said it is running ok.

I am now adding some new features to it such as web interface pages, ability to choose Access or SQL server as the database, a router activity page where you will be able to customize the router logs displayed, and more.

Jeff has a Linksys BEFSR41 V1. I have added the parser for the BEFSR41 V3 and the BEFSR81 V3, but have not tested those ones yet.

Hopefully I can have a plugin in the updater for trial next week sometime (I hope).

I will keep you informed.
              Nice one. Will look forward to giving it a try!

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Will your plugin be able to tell when a person access's a site or page on the HS server. Lets say I would browse to a page on my website for weather, my script or event then checks the contents of the weather device and plays a clap of thunder if it were raining. If so, man think of the possibilities, turn on a light when you browse to the page that shows your webcam of a certain area.

Im reeling here. Tell me more.

Later, Terry

Comment

Originally posted by tman1
                  Will your plugin be able to tell when a person access's a site or page on the HS server. Lets say I would browse to a page on my website for weather, my script or event then checks the contents of the weather device and plays a clap of thunder if it were raining. If so, man think of the possibilities, turn on a light when you browse to the page that shows your webcam of a certain area.

Later, Terry

At first thought, I dont see any reason why this would not work with the plugin. I will test it here.

I am going to create a new thread for Router Traffic Monitor feature requests and please have everyone post them there even if they have been mentioned here already.
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Originally posted by tman1

Later, Terry
                    Terry,
                    All of this can be done without a plugin. When you browse to a page that has your web camera on it simply add a hs.execX10 "A1","On",0,0 to the page and this will turn the light on. The same for the weather. Simply add a couple of lines of code that if raining then play thunder wav.
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yeah after I posted I thought someone would counter with that and I am learning how to do some of that myself.

I just thought it would be an easier way for new users (and me till the brain cathces up) to add some interaction without messing with the page code.

Later, Terry

Comment

Actually, it depends on how your router handles internal traffic. Mine does not log internal so the Monitor plugin would never know that you were hitting a particular page. External traffic would be easy to track with this.
                        --
                        Jeff Farmer
                        HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

What about out and back thru my no-ip account? In the web address bar it looks like it does when I access from work when I access that way. I dont usually access that way at home. Just when I check the conection. Just curious.

Later, Terry

Comment

tman,

I tried testing that and my router did not log it. I suspect it's because the actual page is not routed thru no-ip.com. I'm not a network expert. I only know enough to be dangerous with my home network, but the way I understand it, is that no-ip.com just provides the dns redirect to your computer. So the initial request would go out to no-ip.com, be told to go to your server, and then all the traffic just goes straight between your server and your computer. I'm sure we have several guys here that can correct me so maybe someone will post a better explanation.
                            --
                            Jeff Farmer
                            HS 3, HSPhone

Comment

Good point, thanks for checking. Still sounds like it has promise for the external checks alone.

Later, Terry

Comment

Blade, great job on this plugin. Now I just have to install HS2 (maybe in 2 weeks whenthe wife goes out of town and I can burn the nidnight oil guilt-free).
                                John
                                Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
                                Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
                                HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
                                Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Working...
                                X