This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feature Requests!!

Please post your featue requests for the Router Traffic Monitor plugin here.

I will be adding more and more reports in upcoming releases, but if there is something you are thinking of, drop it in here and I will look into it.

TIA
    Last edited by Blade; September 15, 2005, 05:56 PM.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Blade,

Is there a way to add custom computers/IPs to the list? I have a pbx server running Linux that I'd love to be able to monitor the in/out traffic of.

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mloebl
      Blade,

Is there a way to add custom computers/IPs to the list? I have a pbx server running Linux that I'd love to be able to monitor the in/out traffic of.

Thanks!

-Mike
      Mike,

Do you see the IP address of the PBX server come thru in the router logs? If so, I am sure I can add the ability to add more custom local computer IPs.
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Blade
        Mike,

Do you see the IP address of the PBX server come thru in the router logs? If so, I am sure I can add the ability to add more custom local computer IPs.
        Blade,

I assume you mean thru the standalone app? If I do an activity report on the router for traffic on the specific port it uses, it doesn't return the IP, however it does say that the port has been in use and when.

-Mike

Comment

Can you send me a small sample of the stand-alone Router Logger app that shows the ip address of the PBX server? Maybe highlight the ones that are coming from the PBX server so I can see them.

I just want to see what you are talking about.

One more thing... which router do you have?
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Can you send me a small sample of the stand-alone Router Logger app that shows the ip address of the PBX server? Maybe highlight the ones that are coming from the PBX server so I can see them.

I just want to see what you are talking about.

One more thing... which router do you have?
            Just posted the log file to the "log files" thread. It's a Linksys WRT54G 2.0 with Sveasoft Talisman 1.05.

Thanks!

-Mike

Comment

Cool.

I will post build 1.0.11.0 later on with a new option under Tools called "Maintain Custom Local Computers", where you will be able to add and edit your custom local computers. These custom computers will also be available in the reports as well.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Cool.

I will post build 1.0.11.0 later on with a new option under Tools called "Maintain Custom Local Computers", where you will be able to add and edit your custom local computers. These custom computers will also be available in the reports as well.
                Great!!! Without a doubt this is my favorite plugin right now, keep up the good work!

-Mike

Comment

Mike,

Build 1.0.11.0 is out now!

Let me know how it works for you
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Ping thresholds

Hi Blade....

with my VOIP cct, the route to my external asterisk box has varying ping times depending on the traffic load (ISP congestion). What I would like to be able to do is set thresholds to say if the ping time is 40ms or less, it provides a status, if its over 100ms it provides a different status.

Could you say reflect this into the DIM value or similar that I could test on ? It could be that the bottom ping value take away the highest ping threshold, divide by 10 and set the DIM value to the percentage it is between the high/low points

This would be great to know if the link is congested and ping thresholds are exceeded.

Your thoughts ?

Regards..Pete
                    HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Pete,

I will take a look at this once I am back from vacation.

Sounds like a good idea. I will see what I can come up with.
                      Cheers,
                      Bob

Comment

Pete,

I will take a look at this once I am back from vacation.

Sounds like a good idea. I will see what I can come up with.
                        Thanks Blade. Still on vacation, that sounds like a great plan, something I need already !

Regards..Pete
                        HS 2.2.0.11

Comment

Working...
                        X