This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hs3

I want to give everyone my thoughts on this. My thoughts on this currently are that I will update these to work with HS3. I don't expect to be an early adopter so it would not be release for at least a few months.

Certainly, I will be able to use parts of the HS2 plugin, but I expect that they will be many, many hours in getting these to work. I am expecting that I would charge some kind of upgrade fee. I still have to think about how much that will be.

In addition to authoring these, I am a HS user as well. I understand that there are a lot of factors involved in thinking through if/when/how you will move to HS3. How much will HS3 cost to upgrade? How much will all of the plugins that I use cost to upgrade? I know too that if there is an upgrade charge, that you will consider again how much you use the plugin and if it is worth it to you. I would like to get your thoughts...

Do you intend to upgrade to HS3 and when?
    If you do, do you expect to be an early adopter or wait-and-see?
    If you are a existing HS2 plugin user would you be willing to pay a upgrade charge to continue using this with HS3?
    - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
    Web Site
    YouTube Channel

Hello,

I use HS2 Pro and Sage Media center Control for my 7 MCE control. I use mymovies app to which allow to control 7 MCE.

I think I will be a early adopter of HS3 Pro and I hope Sage MCC will be ported for HS3Pro

As I think every work should be paid, I will be OK to pay for this.

Comment

Any news on the HS3 version of Sage Mediacenter Control? I make extensive use of this plugin in HS2 and it would be great if it got ported over to HS3.
      I'd am willing to pay for the HS3 version.

thanks in advance,

Martijn.

Comment

Hello Tom,

Could you shine some light on this one, and let us know if, and when this plugin will be ported to HS3?

thanks again..

Martijn.

Comment

I just got Ceton's 6 tuner card and 4 extenders for our home. Pretty much WMC will be very high on the list of must have.

This plugin will be a new purchase and am totally looking forward to a HS3 version.

With respect to price, I buy plugins for what they are and also what they reasonable could be (meaning dev's would honor simple requests). Don't cut your self short on pricing.

So any input for your fan club on what your intentions are?

Sent from my 09l_v77_gq1008_a41_v20 using Tapatalk
          HSPro: 3.0.0.194
          PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
          HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I dropped Tom an Email last week asking him If a HS3 version will be released.
            No response what so ever..
            I hope he will respond soon.
            I don't tink it is to much to ask for an answer on such a simple question by a current Paying plugin user.
            Last edited by martinisoft; December 10, 2013, 03:25 AM.

Comment

Hopefully the guy is OK, health wise. It seemed from previous post he was growing tired of HS and lack of fulfilment.

He's got some really good plugin that I consider mission critical. (Tstat & WMC).

Worst case if we still have to run the HS2 plugins, can you still pass the data through to HS3 for triggers, actions, status, and so on?

PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
              HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                Hopefully the guy is OK, health wise.
                Yes, I hope that to.. If so it would be really nice if he could respond to this. But no response is in fact answering my question I guess. Just not the answer I was hoping for.

Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
                Worst case if we still have to run the HS2 plugins, can you still pass the data through to HS3 for triggers, actions, status, and so on?
                Yes, but I will try to avoid that. I down't want to keep two HS versions running for a long time. It is possible to control WMC trough Events with HTTP GET commands, and get some of the plugins functionality without having the actual plugin.
                I however realy like the vitual devices representing the current MCE status, and I also like the ability to create a popup on my MCE with a picture of the frontdoor and then open the door from within MCE.
                This kind of functionality I am not able to recreate without the plugin I am afraid.

Comment

Unfortunately, I had made the decision to not upgrade to HS3. I am going ride along on my current HS2 license until I figure out what I am going to do next. I won't rehash my reasons because I don't think it is worth it to spread negativity. If you are really curious I'm sure you can lookup my past posts.

Not upgrading myself along with having much less free time with my new job has led me to decide to not create a HS3 version of this plugin. I probably should have given you guys an update on this sooner. A part of me kept saying that I should create one even if I am not going to use this. I realize that people said that they were willing to pay for this. However, this is not that wildly popular of a plugin to be a motivation by itself.

To offer some more hope, I would be willing to sell a license to the source code if someone wanted to create a HS3 version of this. If that is something that makes sense to someone you can send me a message.

As you mentioned, there are some thing that you can find another way to do without the plugin. However, others are only possible with something like this.

I do want to close by saying that most of the users of this plugin, and if fact most members on this board, are quite great people and I really enjoyed the discussions. You folks are really the power behind HS.
                  - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                  Web Site
                  YouTube Channel

Comment

Whats really sad is that I just now realized that this was a plugin for WMC, and not sage tv. I have been hoping for someone to release a plugin for WMC since I first downloaded HS2 and realized that there was no plugin. I'm really blown away right now... I had no idea that this existed. WMC is the epicenter of our family room TV, with our ceton tuners. I would pay more than any plugin is going for, for a plugin for WMC. Why the H#LL was this titled a Sage TV plugin? Sheesh.... Crap, I might just go back to HS2 for this...

Comment

Great point. It never really dawned on me about the naming. All of my plugins start with the word, sage, but I didn't think about the confusion on this one.

As a big proponent of WMC, I am sad to see MS direction on mothballing this. Frankly, it seems odd to me that they only support HDMI pass-through on the new xbox one as well. One of the big reasons I like using any of this is so that I don't have to live with the crappy, overpriced cable boxes.
                      - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
                      Web Site
                      YouTube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by tpchristian View Post
                        Great point. It never really dawned on me about the naming. All of my plugins start with the word, sage, but I didn't think about the confusion on this one.

As a big proponent of WMC, I am sad to see MS direction on mothballing this. Frankly, it seems odd to me that they only support HDMI pass-through on the new xbox one as well. One of the big reasons I like using any of this is so that I don't have to live with the crappy, overpriced cable boxes.
                        Well, WMC may be wiping their hands of this, but I plan on using WMC for a LONG time. I've put a lot of work in this system, and it works really really well. It is far and above any CC set top box you can get. You know what I mean i'm sure. Really, the only thing stopping me from using it I suppose, is if somehow the EPG provider for WMC decides to stop updating my guide. At that point I'm really stuck. But maybe not if XBMC takes over on that. I encourage you, brother, do not give up on WMC. You know as well as I do that it is the creme de la creme of HTPC frontends for cable tv. Please, I plead with you, muster all your coding prowess and march forward, scripting with all your might a new plugin for HS3!

What will you charge? 49? 59? 69? 100? done and done.

Comment

I'm with Bandook on this one.

Here were staying put with Win7 as that seems to best the best platform for WMC. Also I have noticed lots of DEVs making plugins for WMC such as a new Amazon Instant Prime app, and some other cool goodies of various different forums. There was and still might be an attempt to use Google Chromecast as a Extender.

Before I was reading others and Tom were talking on how to turn WMC in to a HS interface like HS Touch would be. Personally I think that's overkill and see what Tom has done with this plugin as simple and effective.

I lack any skills to help bring this Plugin into HS3 but I can vote with my wallet. As with the Tstat plugin, fingers crossed.

Comment

Hello Tom,

Since you are not planning to port this plugin to HS3 would it be an option to donate the source to an other Homeseer Plugin developer with the explicit sidenote that he or she is not allowed to use the code to produce a HS2 plugin. This to prevent competition with your own HS2 version of the plugin. This way there are no negative commercial side affects for you, and your current customers would be able to use the plugin for years to come. I am not sure if I could find a Plugin developer who would like to look in to this one, but if this is something you would consider we could start asking around in this board.

I will send you this message trough a PM also because I don't know if you still visit this board on a regular basis.

kind regards,

Martijn.

Comment

Hello Tom,

Could you please respond to this one, so we know where we stand?

thanks again..

Martijn.

Comment

Working...
                              X