This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SeerAMP error?

"an error occurred in Server Threader index der liste uberschreitet das Maximum (87)"

Hi,
    Just installed SeerAMP on a new HS setup and started seeing the above error. It shows up as a WinAMP error with a WinAMP icon, but it happens when I try to control WinAMP though SeerAMP from a remote PC. It does not really seem to effect anything but each error creates a new window on the HS running WinAMP and can only be cleared by clicking OK. More of a nuisance than a problem....

Any ideas? My German is pretty rusty, but I have no idea what 'uberschreitet' means....or why a list named 'uberschreitet' has reached its maximum....

Hmmm. Is there a limit in SeerAMP as to the amount of songs in a playlist? .....but why would Dale write error messages in German?? :-)

Again, more of a nuisance than a problem. If anyone has any ideas, I would greatly appreciate hearing them.

Rob

PS. I REALLY LIKE SeerAMP's ability to lower the WinAMP volume when HS announces something.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> but why would Dale write error messages in German?? :-)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't speak for Dale but I can't help myself from sharing a personal experience. I was working on some home automation software for a high profile client. This particular day I was writing a password validation page, one where the user would type in a password and submit the page. The web server would get the password and ask another server if the password was valid. If not valid or if the server being queried wasn't up and running, I had the intention of putting a message like, "Password not valid or server not responding." Instead to amuse myself during testing stages I used "How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?" as the error message.

Dummy me never replaced that message and the job was shipped. One day when this high profile client tried to get into his house, the server was down and this client was greeted by those Pink Floyd lyrics. Needless to say this client had no idea what the problem was and had thoughts that he may have been hacked. He was not amused.

Joe
    HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

I saw Dale's report card. Can you guess which subject he is having trouble with? No not any of the many computer classes. Could it be German? Maybe his way of having fun with that subject.

Dad

Comment

Nope, not my fault, dad! The error must be a Winamp error. Could you please post a screenshot of it, OutBackRob? I would like to investigate this further. Do you have a German copy of Winamp installed? There is no maximum, but the larger number of songs results in a longer delay when refreshing and viewing. What version of Winamp are you using? Please give me more information. Thanks =)

&nbsp;&nbsp;Best Regards,
        &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Dale Higgs (Synthesize)

&nbsp;&nbsp;Website: http://www.synvb.com/

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Could you please post a screenshot of it, OutBackRob?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dale,
          I am running what I believe to be an ENGLISH version of 2.91. The current playlist is only 1500 songs. I have one with 10 and one with 3824 and both exhibit the same issue. I haven't been able to determine if a particular action causes the error message. I just noticed this happening after I loaded SeerAmp.... I have been running WinAMP since V1 and don't remember ever seeing an error message from the App. ...let alone one in German! The Pink Floyd message would make about the same sense to me! :-)

HOPEFULLY, a screenshot will be attached. Again, this is more of a nuisance than a problem. I just have to occasionally clear all the pop-ups from my HS machine. Everything seems to be running fine though.

Thanks!

Rob
          Attached Files

Comment

Hehe, this has nothing to do with my plugin. If you know the lingo of Winamp, then you'd know that "gen_xxx" is a General Purpose plugin, and in this case it is gen_brow2, which I believe is browser plugin or something to that extent. Could you post a screenshot of the General Purpose screen on here, please? I could then tell you which plugin is causing it. Thanks for the concern.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Could you post a screenshot of the General Purpose screen on here, please?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't seem to have any extra plug-ins running. This is a fresh install of winamp on a brand new system. Base install of everything including Winamp, HS and SeerAmp. Maybe WinAMP is wigging out....

Rob
              Attached Files
              Last edited by outbackrob; June 12, 2005, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Very strange. I must confirm that the error should has nothing to do with the internals of SeerAMP Server. Try Winamp 2.95 or Winamp 5 Beta.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Try Winamp 2.95 or Winamp 5 Beta.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man! I never even thought to look anywhere other than Winamp.com. I thought 2.91 was the latest and greatest. I just removed 2.91 and installed 2.95. I'll see if the errors still appear.

THANKS DALE! ...and this is the day AFTER Thanksgiving! Hadaya like that?!

Rob

Comment

You're a strange one, OutBackRob! Let me know, though.

Comment

Where can you get Winamp 2.95

Comment

Here is one place you can download Winamp 2.95

Joe
                        HomeSeer Rocks!

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>You're a strange one, OutBackRob!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

.........thank you?

Been running WA 2.95 for 4 days and have not seen that pesky error message again. Something must have gotten dorked up in WA and the new install of 2.95 seems to have fixed it! Hurray!

Rob

Comment

Awesome. I love Winamp 2.95.

Comment

Working...
                            X