This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys,

Just looking at the board tonight... the model number for the Advent wireless speaker is ADVW801. I'm not sure what the availibility is, this is the oldest speaker I have. Like Dale said, the newer Acoustic Research speakers have an electronic power switch (can't be turned on/off with appl. module), battery life or 35 - 40 hours and sound great. The model numbers are AW811 & AW871. I beleive I purchased the Acoustic Research speakers from RCA.com, but I don't remember where I got the Advent speakers. I never tested battery life of the Advent speakers, but they do sound pretty good for a wireless speaker. The range of both brands are around 100 feet. In a 2000 sq ft home were the transmitter is near the center of the home, coverage is very good, with very little static. Repositioning speakers may reduce static.

Good luck,
    Rick Higgs

Comment

After reading this suggestion, I decided to try the wireless route. I can tell you that I was totally disappointed, and the WAF was non existent. I purchased 4 sets of the advent wireless speakers. They sound great. However, 900 MHZ wireless speakers are very susceptible to all kinds of noise. Here is what I found. Do not place speakers within 25' of any kind of refrigerator, even if there are walls in between, lost of random racks and pops. Cordless telephones create noise thru speakers. The biggest offender was our NexTel cell phone, they drove the speakers absolutely nuts. Needles to say theses speakers are on the pile of failed experiments of HA (CM15A). I decided to spend some money and purchased a 3 zone Sonos DMS. This is for whole house music. For TTS I have the 10 watt Elk amp driving 4 wired speakers throughout the house
      Thanks,

T.

Comment

Working...
      X