This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A whole new batch of questions...

Okay, I'm really diving into the plugin now, so let's see what it can do.

I've got two instances of winamp locally and one remote. They are as set up as follows:

1. named Inst0. Running remotely with the server port setup and the remote plugin installed. Operating correctly

2. named Bedroom. Running locally out of directory /program files/winamp/ with the icon that the plugin made on the desktop. The audio is being piped through an RCA Lyra Wireless Transmitter on channel 3.

3. named Bathroom. Running locally out of directory /program files/winamp2/ with the icon that the plugin made on the desktop. The audio is being piped through the line out from the motherboards soundcard.

I can play all of the winamps through direct control, so I know they are working. Here are my problems/questions:

I had to set up 2 winamp directories to get 2 audio zones working because the settings from one winamp kept overwriting the other instance on restart. Is there another way around this? It may be causing my problems.

I can control the remote winamp through scripting without a problem. I can't control either of the other two instances, no matter what they're named. Does the integer that determines the instance in the script simply reference the alphabetical order of the instance, or is it the order in which they were created. Either way, I've tried every number 0-3 and then some and nothing causes a response on the 2 local instances. Using the web interface I can control the bedroom instance, which is the one running out of the /winamp directory. I can connect to the second local instance, but the controls cause changes on the first.

Here's my ini:
    [hspi_seeramp]
    gEnabled=1
    gShowMenu=1
    gFirstRun=0
    gInstances=Bathroom,Bedroom,Inst0
    gPath=C:\Program Files\Winamp\
    [Inst0]
    gClass=SeerAMP_mInst0
    gHost=supervcr
    gLocal=0
    gName=Inst0
    gPause=1
    gPlaylistDir=C:\playlists\
    gPort=9321
    [Bathroom]
    gClass=Winamp v1.x
    gHost=localhost
    gLocal=1
    gName=Bathroom
    gPause=1
    gPort=9320
    [Bedroom]
    gClass=Winamp v1.x
    gHost=localhost
    gLocal=1
    gName=Bedroom
    gPause=1
    gPort=9320

This is a patch from the asp code that calls up radio playlists when a flash button is pressed:

If action = "thecurrent" Then
    SeerAMP.WAStop(1)
    SeerAMP.ClearPlaylist(1)
    hs.WaitEvents
    SeerAMP.AddFile 1, "thecurrent.m3u"
    hs.WaitSecs(1)
    SeerAMP.Play(1)
    hs.writelog "LCARS","Playing the Current on instance 1"
    End If

If I understand correctly, this should be referencing the bedroom instance of winamp.

Got any ideas?
    Last edited by ; October 11, 2005, 11:39 AM.

Wow...hearing this makes me feel old! I really need to get a new version in the updater. I'll finish reading the post tomorrow and reply accordingly.

Comment

Okay, I don't see why you're having any problems. The new SeerAMP versions do not require that you enter a port number, host, or even a remote/local setting on the HS machine. I am working on getting a few minor bugs fixed on the newer versions, but I _HAVE_ implemented the following:

*Support for HS 2.0
      *Triggers
      *Conditions
      *Regular expressions for conditions
      *ID3v2 Album Art
      *Any ID3v2 Info (comment, artist, album, title, year, track, etc)
      *Auto-syncing playlist
      *MUCH faster sync time, and more accurate
      *Active Winamp/HomeSeer connection, initiated at startup of either Winamp or HomeSeer
      *Template support for the main and playlist pages
      *Selectable logging modes

The bug I am currently working on is the ability to send multiple commands without locking up/waiting on SeerAMP.
      Last edited by dale3h; October 11, 2005, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Okay, so am I SOL on this problem? 2 questions... when will the next version be released? And how do I completely reset and start over with SeerAMP? Do I just rename the ini file? I think something has gone wrong... I have perfect control over remote winamps but no control over local ones, even if I delete all my instances and create one local one, create a desktop icon, run it and load the web page, all I can do is stop music if it's currently playing and it doesn't even read the correct playlist. Weird, huh?

Thanks,
        Brett

Comment

10/11/2005 3:11:40 PM-438-Object doesn't support this property or method

Does this error mean anything to you? It's from the seeramp errorlog and I get it when I press a button on my audrey which triggers the above mentioned scripts. I'm also getting a lot of:

10/11/2005 3:09:41 PM-9-Subscript out of range

I renamed the ini file and restarted. Now when it makes desktop shortcuts it's adding a /CLASS parameter which it wasn't doing previously. But it didn't make a big difference, I still can't get my scripts to work. Let me know if you have any other ideas, I always appreciate the assistance.

Thanks for your time and energy!

Brett

Comment

Can you email me your telephone number? This would be much easier via phone.

My email address is synthesize@synvb.com

Comment

Working...
            X