This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Version confusion

Hey Dale, I was running my updater today and it told me SeerAmp isn't installed. I do have it installed. The version I have is 0.4.0.1. The updater says it sees version 0.2.0.4. I'm really confused by this.

My first instinct was to go ahead and re-install it but I have a feeling I'd be making a mistake. Ideas?

John

Darn. I blew it. I tried to use the plugin in Winamp and it just wrote the NAME of the playlist into the window. I remembered having this problem originally. Anyhow, I reinstalled the server (the old one I had) and now WinAmp's not seeing the plugin at all. It is sitting in the Plugin directory.

John

Comment

Hi Spectrum,
      I am sorry to hear that you are having problems. There are 2 files required in order for Winamp to detect the plugin: "gen_SeerAMP.Plugin.dll" and "SeerAMP.dll".

Please make sure that you have both of these files. The reason that you have a version that is newer than in the updater is probably because I have posted the installer here on the forums and not to the updater just yet because it isn't 100% stable.

Please let me know if you need me to find this installer for you. Hope everything goes well!

Comment

Both files are in my Program Files\WinAmp\Plugins directory.

gen_SeerAMP.Plugin.dll 7KB 9/26/2000
        SeerAMP.dll 124 KB 1/19/2004

Comment

Can you check the of the gen_SeerAMP.Plugin.dll for me please? Also, what version did you say you had on HomeSeer? If these 2 versions do not match, then I'm pretty sure they won't communicate with each other.

Comment

OK Dale. What I did was completely remove SeerAmp (as far as I could see) and let the updater reinstall it. Here's what I have now:

gen_SeerAMP.Plugin.dll 7KB 9/26/2000
            Version 1.0.0.1

SeerAMP.dll 124 KB 1/19/2004
            Version 0.2.0.2

HS Updater says I have version 0.2.0.4

Where do I get SeerAmp.dll v 0.2.0.4?

Comment

Try this: just run this file and it will overwrite the correct files. Be sure that you do NOT uninstall first.

http://www.synvb.com/seeramp_homeseer.zip

After it runs, it'll ask you if you want to run the Winamp Plugin installer. If the machine running HomeSeer is the same machine that runs Winamp, select yes. If not, copy the file that will be found in the HomeSeer directory to all computers running Winamp and run it. Let me know how this goes.

Comment

OK. Making progress. I installed as advised and WinAmp now sees the plugin. Of course I'm getting this:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/27/2006 9:51:36 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Found plug-in: SeerAMP, version: 0.4.0.1</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/27/2006 9:51:36 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">Info </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Found plug-in: SeerAMP, version: 0.2.0.4</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/27/2006 9:51:36 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">Error </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Could not add SeerAMP to the plug-in list. Is this a duplicate? Check for two plug-ins with the same plug-in name.</td></tr></tbody></table>
                I guess I want to keep 0.2, right?

Now it's only putting the playlist name into the play window. I looked up my old post and followed the directions (I think) about the ini file.

My playlists are in c:\my music and that's in the ini files in \Winamp and in \homeseer2\config. What am I doing wrong? Does it have to be on the HS machine?

John
                Last edited by Spectrum; September 27, 2006, 11:12 AM.

Comment

No, you want to have 0.4. I don't remember whether the playlists need to be on the Winamp machine or the Homeseer machine, so I will check into this.

Comment

Still won't play. Now I'm getting, in the HS log:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">10/3/2006 11:48:19 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">SeerAMP Debug </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Socket connected from 192.168.42.10 (instance Inst0, socket index 0)</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">10/3/2006 11:48:19 AM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType1" align="left">SeerAMP Debug </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Socket disconnected from 192.168.42.10 (instance Inst0, socket index 0)</td></tr></tbody></table>
                    In WinAmp, the Seeramp plugin log has this:

SeerAMP Server Error: 10/3/2006 11:50:56 AM-10048-Address in use (Error #10048 with TakeSettingAction of Module modSeerAMP - Address in use)
                    SeerAMP Server Error: 10/3/2006 11:50:56 AM-10048-Address in use (Error #10048 with TakeSettingAction of Module modSeerAMP - Address in use)

Comment

Try changing the port #s in the config.

Comment

OK, I changed the ports. Now I get:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry1" align="left">Calling GenPage for plugin, link: /seeramp_config<wbr> Error: Public member 'GenPage' on type 'WebConfig' not found.</td></tr> <tr><td colspan="1" class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">10/5/2006 4:52:25 PM </td><td colspan="3" class="LOGType0" align="left">SeerAMP Error </td><td colspan="8" class="LOGEntry0" align="left">Socket error from 192.168.42.10 (instance Inst0, socket index 0): 10053 - Connection is aborted due to timeout or other failure</td></tr></tbody></table>
                        I also tried putting the playlist in c:\My Music, local/HS, Prog files\Winamp\Seeramp\Playlists (where the ini file wants to keep putting them) and everywhere else I could think of. No difference.

How exactly do I go about completely removing all traces of this and starting over?

It's almost holiday time and I'd really like to get this working.

John

Comment

Does your HomeSeer SeerAMP version match your Winamp SeerAMP version?

To remove, just delete:
                          seeramp.ini, \HomeSeer\config\
                          hspi_seeramp.ocx, \HomeSeer\
                          seeramp.js, \HomeSeer\HTML\
                          seeramp.css, \HomeSeer\HTML\
                          eraser.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          minus.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          next.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          pause.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          play.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          plus.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          previous.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          skipnext.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          skipprevious.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          stop.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          x.gif, \HomeSeer\HTML\Images\seeramp
                          seeramp.txt, \HomeSeer\scripts
                          SeerAMP.cnt, \HomeSeer\docs
                          SeerAMP.hlp, \HomeSeer\docs
                          SeerAMPServer.exe, \HomeSeer\BIN\seeramp\server

For Winamp, just remove the SeerAMP.dll and gen_SeerAMP.Plugin.dll files from the Plugins folder under \Winamp\.

Comment

Any luck?

Comment

Kinda luck I guess. I'm not getting all the errors now, but my playlist still isn't registering.

I've edited the ini in homeseer2\config as well as the one in winamp and added this

gPlaylistDir=C:\Program Files\Winamp\seeramp\playlists\

When I ask for christmas music, it writes the playlist name.

I've tried putting the playlist on my machine as well as the HS machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X