This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winamp not present error

After install, HS log shows Seeramp initilizing and has no Seeramp errors. Seeramp enabled and both HS and Winamp restarted after reboot. On config, I cannot change the playlist directory. When I click the Seeramp button, it says WinAmp is not present, although it's installed and working.
    HS v 2.1.151.0
    Seeramp v 0.4.0.6
    Wimamp v 5.32

Hi Hoagie,

Take a look at the Quick Start Guide to SeerAMP and see if this helps you.

If not let us know.

Thank,
    Rick Higgs

Comment

Winamp not present error

Thanks. I tried the installation as you have posted, but could never do it all as there was always a config problem. After trial and error, I used the file in the updater. Managed to get that to work, but the config from the event log menu keeps freezing HS. Will attempt the newer file and keep the fingers crossed.

Comment

Hoagie, Yes that is the one rough spot in the plug-in, it seems to have trouble setting up the instances. I thought that was the way I managed to get it done. My system is working flawlessly with 4 instances. I am pretty sure the older version in the updater does not work or drops server connection frequently. Try one instance and let us know some details about what happens. You say that HS locks up when you go to configure the instances. Is this when you press the Add button or after you change the name or does just trying to start up the config causes the lock up? If we can get some debug logs from this Dale may be able to track it down. I know this area (config) needs a little work, Dale said it was the hardest part so far. My system is working great once I got past configuring the 4 instances. I hope every one else will be able to get past it. I have not lost a Winamp connection in over two days. Good luck, please let us know how it is going. We need the feedback from evey one.

Rick Higgs

Comment

Hoagie and anyone wishing personal setup support,

Please check my public profile and send me an email through the message board. I will confirm back to you by email to get your phone number and a good time to call you.

We need your feedback to make this plug-in better.

Rick Higgs

Public Profile Here

Comment

Guys - hope this can help someone...

I installed the plugin from the updater, an dthen read the guide document that stated to NOT use the updater and listed another url to collect the code from.

I then installed the "new" code, when I ran up the plugin, I got the "winamp not present" error....

To fix it I deleted the seeramp.ini and restarted HS... all is now well....

DJ
            ---------------------------------------------------http://weather.penicuik.org

Comment

Working...
            X