X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Skype Trigger in Events

Hello,

I am on the 30 day trial and quite new to HS2. I have installed the Skype plugin (1.17.2.2) and I have connected successfully to my Skype client and can 'SPEAK Hello World'.

I might be doing something wrong, but should I not see some Skype related triggers in the Events page? For example - if I wanted to switch a lamp on when a Skype Instant Message is received, how would I do this if there is no trigger?

Any help appreciated

Jon

There is no such trigger, but you can switch on/off any HomeSeer device from Skype instant messages.

See the documentation for Skype Connector instant message handling in post #3 of this thread:
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=122702
    --
    stipus

Comment

Thank you - I can see how it works now - its quite powerful.

But, I can't figure out how to play, pause or change iTunes - is this possible?

I've tried

SET iTunes Status Play and other versions similar but get an error

Also, if I wanted to tell iTunes to play artist "Amy Winehouse" via Skype - is this possible?

Thanks for your help

Jon

Comment

I don't have the iTunes plugin --> I really don't know how to do this !

However, if you can create an HomeSeer event with the right actions you need to play a song, you could trigger the event from the Skype Connector plugin using the EVENT command.

Another way would be to create a script to play a song. The good thing is the script may take the song name as a parameter.

Then you could use the command
        SCRIPT playsong.vb songname

Then you could define a PLAYSONG macro using the INPUT command to play the song you want.

Something like:

INPUT PLAYSONG/Play named song/SCRIPT playsong.vb $*

Then you just need to type...
        PLAYSONG songname
        ...to start playing.

I hope it's clear ... ?
        --
        stipus

Comment

Working...
        X