This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype in Silent

Why does my Skype connector keep putting up a dialog box every few mins asking to confirm silent mode. Even though I click the "do not ask me again" a few mins later it will be back up.

Anything I can do?

Did you upgrade the Skype client just before this happened ? It might be a bug in the latest Skype version ?
    --
    stipus

Comment

I am using 5.1.0.112 as the skype Client

Comment

Has anyone figured this out.. I am also having the same issue.

I am using Skype version 5.5.59.124

and Plugin connector 1.31.2.4

ANYBODY?

Comment

svp besoin d'aide : vous pouvez me dire comment corriger cette erreur, apres avoir changer de systeme exploitation
          vous seriez bien gentil de m aider je cherche deja, depuis plusieur jour
          i besoin de vos grande connaissence merci

Comment

Originally posted by Loup View Post
            svp besoin d'aide : vous pouvez me dire comment corriger cette erreur, apres avoir changer de systeme exploitation
            vous seriez bien gentil de m aider je cherche deja, depuis plusieur jour
            i besoin de vos grande connaissence merci
            please need help: you can tell me how to correct this error, after changing operating system
            you would be kind of help I m looking already, since SEVERAL days
            i need your big thank you connaissence

Comment

The problem is : I don't know how I can fix this problem, as it doesn't occur on my homeseer systems... Another problem is that I cannot afford many test homeseer servers with more operating system versions 32/64 bits ...etc.
              Also the Skype client changes very often, and some versions are known to have different behaviours and/or bugs around the silent mode.
              --
              stipus

Comment

You may want to try another version of the Skype client.
                --
                stipus

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
                  You may want to try another version of the Skype client.
                  have version 5.8, not able to find better, I'm trying the 5.7 not work either, it can be the faurait 5.5 or lower, if you have better things .. Please skype does colecte HomeSeer has more, please I need help

Comment

Comment

The plugin and the Skype client talk to each other using windows messages for inter-process communication.

There was many security problems with Windows Messages, and Microsoft issued many security patches to secure this form of inter-process communications.

--> Make sure both process (HomeSeer.exe process and Skype.exe process) run under the same "Windows account". Check the "run-as" option for both processes. If you are running HomeSeer as a service, double-check the account used by the service, and if the "Allow service to interact with desktop" checkbox is checked.
                      --
                      stipus

Comment

Stipus I also have the same issue. It means if I need to remotely or automatically restart HS, the Skype calling/messaging won't work. This is a big deal for me as it forms a critical component of my security.

What Skype version can you confirm?

I am using Windows 7 starter and HS .49.

Comment

Done countless versions of Skype and I have never made it work again.

Comment

Originally posted by darren-mc View Post
                            Done countless versions of Skype and I have never made it work again.
                            Did you manage a work around, can you not drop the silent mode?

Comment

Working...
                            X