This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1623 Plugin Problems

I have a problem with the 1623 PCIR plugin under HS2 in that it doesn't seem to acknowledge that IR buttons have been learned. The IR Signals can be "played back" successfully so it does seem that HS has learned the codes, but a greyed out indicator remains beside each learned button indicating that "no IR Signal has been learned". The plugin also supports Zones which function also doesn't.

As I understand this, the learning is being done by and stored within Homeseer, not in the 1623.

For the record, the helpdesk has told me that the reason is that the 1623 doesn't return such information. It seems a bit odd to me that a plugin currently on the updater for HS2 and desigend (and named) for the 1623 would include features that the hardware supposedly doesn't support.

It's been awhile, but as I recall, Homeseer 1.7 didn't have these issues with the 1623 and everything worked fine.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

It's probably an issue of "it works" and supply and demand. The Ocelot works well as does both of the plugins.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp. Thought as much.
      My next investment will likely be the Ocelot. Currently working with an RCS thermostat and an Audrey.

Comment

Well, my 1623PCIR works just fine except for the plugin disfunction but I'm thinking seriously about ugrading anyway. For the sake of support if nothing else.
        I see there are two Ocelot modules available thru Homeseer. The Ocelot IR module, being straight IR and the other, The Ocelot Controller, which includes much more functionality. I've always thought more is better.
        Perhaps someone could "sell" me on one or the other, per usability in HS, experiences, etc.
        Thanks.

Comment

It depends on what you are going to use the Ocelot for. If you are only going to use it for IR then I would recommend the HomeSeer Ocelot plugin because it is the more simple and easy to use plugin. If you are going to use any add on's to the Ocelot then Michaels plugin has more options.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Having Problems with Smarthome IRLinc 1623

I have a Smarthome PC to IRLinc1623 - it worked great with HS 1.7. Now I have upgraded to HS 2.4.0.1 and installed the IRLinc plugin. It gives a warning ""Getdevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new getDeviceEnumerator method" after it starts to initialize.

What more is that I cannot figure out how to configure it. On the setup page, under interfaces, it is enabled (com port 3) using hspi_irlinc1623.ocx vers 2.0.0.0 (status is ok) but when I click on the config button, nothing happens - I am assuming this should take you to a page where you can "learn" IR signals etc.

What am I doing wrong?
            Also, I notice that no matter what com port i list, it tells me the status of the interface is ok although I know that it is on com port 3 as that is where the usb to serial controller is which it is connected to.

Any help?

Comment

I went back to the Help Pages

I went back to the help pages and found that they refer to a "IR signals" web page in HS2. I dont see anything of the sort. Is that the help page for an earlier version of HS than 2.4?

Comment

Working...
              X