This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from HS 1.7 to 2.0

I have just upgraded from HS 1.7 to HS 2.0 -- not a painless process, but that is a separate issue. In the process my IR controller went stupid. I downloaded the HS 2 plug in, and it appears to work fine, but all the previous training and settings are lost. When I return to run from HS 1.7 all is fine. There must be a set of critical configuration (training) files that I need to move from the HS 1.7 folders to the HS 2.0 folders... any idea what these files are called, or how I train the IR device from HS 2.0? Thanks

Look for a file names pcir1623.cfg and copy that over and then restart HomeSeer and see if that works.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

File moved, still does not function

Thanks for the vector, I moved the file and the initialization looks ok:
      - Info - Initializing Infrared interface SmartHome IRLinc 1623 on COM 3
      - Startup - SmartHome IRLinc 1623 Startup complete
      - Info - Finished initializing infrared interface SmartHome IRLinc 1623
      But I previous command from 1.7 do not work and cannot seem to find a place on HS 2 where I can either train the device or see the previous training that was done (within HS 1.7). Where do I find that? When I hit the config button on the setup/interface/SmartHome IR Link 1623, all I get is a button to clear memory? Thanks

Comment

Retrained the IR 1623

I did some searching and from the main HomeSeer program (not the web controller), I selected edit/Infrared Signals, and then when I added a device name the learn function appeared and I retrained HS 2.0 for the critical functions. So I am functional again. Sure was hard to come to that solution, is there help/tutorial that explains all that? I went back to the on-line help for 1.7 and the process was very well documented. I could not find the equivalent for 2.0. Next challenge is to restore HS phone to its previous functions. You can close this. Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X