This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speak and Queue at Same Time

Is it possible to have the plugin Queue messages and also speak them or are to limited to one or the other?
    Regards, Bob

At the moment it's one or the other. Is there a reason you would want to do both? If you can give me a senario I might be able to cobble something up.

Comment

I'm trying have the system queue callerID messages that are received while I'm out of the house. I was thinking that I would have all messages queued and when I return to the house have them read to me.

I use the doomotion plugin to determine vacancy, but sometimes it is not accurate as someone may be in the house but tripping a motion senor (like my teenage daughter who spends alot of time in her room doing homework, or when we are sleeping). In these cases, I'd still like the system to speak the name of the caller (so my daughter can hear them) but not rely on her to tell me who called when I get back home.
      Regards, Bob

Comment

Sounds reasonable.. Let me see what I can do.. It may be that the inbounds speech could be spoken in Normal mode but you could re-queue it in the Low priority queue for later playback.

But, in the mean time, did you know that you can enable the SpeakEasy log and it will log all spoken speech in it's own log file. That way, when you get back home you can easily just review the speakeasy log to see what was spoken while you were gone.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I did consider your suggestion however did not see a way to limit the log to just the CallerID information. Also don't see a way to have the log spoken upon return to the home. Reviewing the online will not meet the WAF.

I'm not the best at scripting so maybe I'm missing something that is obvious.
          Regards, Bob

Comment

Ok... How about I put something in like:
            PHP Code:
             se.QueuePhrase Phrase,Priority,wait 
            where you could capture the phrase in the speakeasy exit and if you're not home you can have the system in normal mode. You could then re-queue the phrase in 'low' priority mode. That way, when you get home you can just issue a
            PHP Code:
             se.SpeakAllPhrases 
            and everything in the queue will be respoken.

Will that work?

Comment

Seems like it would work provided I would be able to turn the function on and off via script (I don't need to queue all callerID. Only the ones while I'm gone).

Another option would be to simply add "Queue and Speak" to the Queing Mode options.
              Regards, Bob

Comment

Yea, but that would be too easy!

Comment

Well then......

..... we wouldn't want to do that!
                  Regards, Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X