This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to play a wav file with Speakeasy?

Anyone know how to play a wav file with Speakeasy? I have tried a "speak" action with a [Loc All] followed by a "play wav" file but it doesn't seem to work. The speaker shuts off before playing the wav. Any ideas?

termite,

Since we are both lingering here in SpeakEasy land, I thought I would chime in on your question.

I haven't actually tried this yet, but from the SpeakEasy guide on page 7 it talks about playing a wav file as a pre-announcement. So, if I understand correctly, it will play what ever wav file you want before it speaks what's in the que. Is that what you are after?

-- greg

Comment

Thank for the reply Noopara, No, I don't want the pre announcment although maybe I can use that feature. You would only have a choise of about six or so wav files. I'm sure that there is an easy way to play a wav file. It's too bad speakeasy does not appear to have much in the way of support.

Comment

termite,

I haven't done this myself, but I believe you can play a wav file using HS without using SpeakEasy. I did a little searching through the board and it seems like you might find the answer in the HS help file.

-- greg

Comment

Greg, Yes, I'm sure you can, but it would be nice to be able to use Speakeasy so that the speakers could be restored to their previous condition. In other words, if music is playing and an announcment is made, the speaker is shut of after the announcement and you can no longer hear the music. Jim

Comment

Jim, I see what you mean now. I think that the SpeakEasy Exit Script may be the answer. I'm about to start experimenting with it myself. I'll let you know if I find a way to do what you are asking.

-- greg

Comment

Working...
            X