X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Direct Input Joystick found

The Direct Input connector is reporting at startup:

DI Connector : WARNING: No Direct Input Joystick found

I can see my gamepad listed if I go into the Control Panel/Game Controllers.

One interesting note is the Game Controllers applet will not start when HS is running with Direct Input plugin running. If I stop HS or disable the DI plugin (and restart HS), then the Game Controllers applet will run.

My game controller is a Gravis Eliminator AfterShock and am running HS 2.1.21.0 and Direct Input 0.6.2.1. HS is running as a service.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Do you have the latest DirectX 3.0C installed ?
    --
    stipus

Comment

According to DxDiag I have 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904). Is 3.0c required? Maybe I am looking at the wrong version number? I read that and thought it might be a typo in the install instructings.

If I need DirectX 3.0c, how do I go about installing this? I looked at MS web site but did not find DirectX 3.0c download (and I am not sure it would allow me to down-rev to 3.0c if I found the the installer).

Comment

Sorry for the typo. Yes it's 9.0C and you have the good one.

Do you see your Gravis controller in the "dxdiag.exe" utility ?

You can also try to remove the 2 DirectX dlls from the homeseer directory (rename them to .dll.old), and see if it works.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Yes, dxdiag shows the "Eliminator AfterShock" device in the DirectInput Devices list. Note that dxdiag only starts up successfully if the DirectInput Connector is not enabled/running. If DI Connector is running, then dxdiag reports "Error: Problem getting input info, result code = 0x80004005 (Generic failure)" during its startup and no direct input devices are listed. Let me know if you need any other info in tracking down this problem.

Below is the DI Connector log entries from my HS log:
          DI Connector DI Connector V0.6.2.1 Copyright 2005-2006 stipusat stipus dot com
          DI Connector If you like this plugin, please consider a paypal donation to stipus at stipus dot com
          DI Connector If you are a programmer you can get the full C# source code of this plugin for $40. Contact me for more info.
          Info Initializing Plug-in: DI Connector
          DI Debug DI Connector : Debug Mode activated. Waiting 10 secs...
          DI Debug DI Connector : Got new free IO code : \
          DI Debug DI Connector : WARNING: No Direct Input Joystick found
          Info Done initializing plug-in DI Connector
          Last edited by stipus; December 5, 2006, 12:13 PM.

Comment

I think I know why the DI connector is not seeing my device. The Gravis Aftershock is reporting itself as a gamepad (DeviceType.Gamepad) rather than a joystick (DeviceType.Joystick). If I plug in a joystick, the DI connector detects the device. It is intentional? Is there any reason why DI connector cannot support a gamepad device?

Comment

It should work with gamepads and joysticks. I'll double-check the code asap.

You may also have a special version of directx coming with your gamepad:

You can try the following:

- shutdown HomeSeer
              - remove or rename the 2 directX dlls in the HomeSeer directory (Microsoft.DirectX.dll, Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput.dll)
              - try again
              --
              stipus

Comment

I think I found why the gamepad device is not recognized. I'll release a new version ASAP.
                --
                stipus

Comment

Working...
                X