X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hacking the Gamepad

O.K...

I dissassembled the gamepad... soldered wires to the pc board traces for digital(button) inputs... put in a box with external speaker/spring connectors...

I now have for under $10 bucks in parts and a couple hours of my time.. 11 digital inputs for H.S....

Thank you STIPUS

Question:

The gamepad also had 2 joysticks.. that reported 4 analog values to H.S... (x-axis y-axis and 2 * z-axis)

Looking at the circuit board... each seems to be just a potentiometer hooked to the joystick... (posed 90 degrees apart for the two axis per stick)..

I will eventually try to measure voltages and figure out what the POT value is...

But has anyone hacked a joystick to get external analog inputs into HomeSeer?

What i'd like is :

Ambient Light Outside.

Hot Tub Temperature

External Air Temperature

I can probably figure out how to make a variable resistance or variable voltage output for each of these...

And i can probably figure out how to get these into the analog joystick circuit...

But if someone has already done it... it would save me a good bit of work...

Anyone done anything similar?

I know i could do all of the above with some RFX transmitters and my current ACRF w800... but that would probably cost a bit... (i'm thinking $100 - $200 ? .. i haven't priced anything.. so it's just a guess.)

If i could do this with $20 in parts and some soldering time for each of the three... it would be fun and not ding the WAF.

Just thought i'd pose the question... (and ramble a bit too... sorry)

Andrew
    Regards,

Andrew B.
Working...
X