X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think those settings are for Vonage Softphone account users.

However, Did you update to the latest plugin version available here ?
    http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=134527

More info can be found on the error by parsing the SIP dialog in Stipus.Sipxtapi.log (plugin must be set to debug mode first).

--
    stipus

Comment

IPness

Hello,
      Registering fails with the new plugin 2.43.2.3.
      What can be wrong
      See atachment
      Thanks,

Renaatdb
      Attached Files

Comment

I can see the plugin is trying to send the REGISTER message several times, but there is no answer.
        --
        stipus

Comment

What can be the problem?
          renaatdb

Comment

I can see the REGISTER messages are sent to port 5060.
            A few post above, you wrote that the port should be 6060.

--> Try to set ipness.net as your domain realm instead of the ip address.
            --
            stipus

Comment

Google Voice

Originally posted by stipus View Post
              Provider: SIPPhone.com
              HomePage: www.sipphone.com
              Tested: NO

Plugin settings:

DisplayName = [Your name]
              Username = [Your SIPPhone.com Phone Number]
              AuthUsername = [Your SIPPhone.com Phone Number]
              AuthPassword = xxx
              DomainRealm = proxy01.sipphone.com
              For those of you who also have a Google Voice phone number, your SIPPhone/Gizmo5 account (which was bought last month by Google) can be setup to forward and receive calls to Google Voice. This means that with the same settings above plus a little configuration in Gizmo5 and Google Voice, HS can answer and make calls on your Google Voice line as well. I'm using my Google Voice phone # as my primary phone # now and through my SIPPhone/Gizmo5 account, HS (+SIP Connector) is able to interact with this line so... "Tested: YES!" It works perfectly!

Comment

IKUS,

Could you explain how you are able to have HS use Google Voice to make a call?

I have a few google voice numbers and free incoming SIP DID's I use for free incoming and outgoing calls from my iTouch and N800. I do not use Gizmo, I use IPComms.

I use one of the google voice #'s to forward to my SIP number for incoming calls to HS but how can HS use the GV feature to make calls?

I would love to have HS/Sip Connector call my cell phone with the traffic conditions I have as HS devices after just leaving the house on my way to work.

Thanks for any help.

Will

Comment

Hi Will,

Since Gizmo5 is now owned by Google, GoogleVoice gives you the option of linking your Gizmo5 account to your Google Voice #... so you'd just use the Gizmo5 settings as described in this forum. Unfortunately, if you don't already have a G5 account, you can't get one 'cause Google has suspended new account signups until it has completed integrating the newly acquired G5 technology into Google Voice.

Alternatively, you could try using Sipsorcery (http://sipsorcery.com/) with Google Voice. There are plenty of Ruby scripts for Sipsorcery floating around out there that you can use to emulate SIP on google voice... then you would just setup HS+SIP CONNECTOR to point to your Sipsorcery account which would in-turn script out to your GoogleVoice account. There's more work involved in doing it this way but it works too. Check out the instructions as well as some of the Sipsorcery dialplan scripts on the google code page: http://code.google.com/p/google-voic...ery-dialplans/

Comment

IKUS,

Thanks for the reply.

I do have Gizmo accounts I just didn't use one.

I just setup SIP connector plug-in with Gizmo number. I have Google Voice number forwarding to Gizmo number.Tested an incoming call to Homeseer and the connector and scripts work fine.

I try dialing out to a landline but Gizmo requires credits.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Comment

That sounds right. I actually only dial out to 800/888 numbers plus I do still have some G5 credits so that's why I continue to go this route. If you want to make 100% free outbound calls then you need to route your GVoice outbound calls through Sipsorcery. This'll allow you to make outbound GVoice calls without G5 call credits and without having to go through a call-back step.

Comment

ok, good, I thought it was me...

the G5 minutes are very reasonable anyway and I will probably go that route for what I intend to do.

I will give Sipsorcery a look too.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Broadvoice SIP

I get the SIP connector to register the line on Boradvoice and then about 10 seconds after a successfull registration I get

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>7/18/2010 5:14:58 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 colSpan=3 align=left>SIP Debug </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 colSpan=8 align=left>SIP#McCutchen: Error: RegisterFailed Cause: Unknown</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Any idea what could cause this or how I can resolve it?

Thanks
                          Shane
                          Last edited by mccutchen; July 18, 2010, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Hi All, I have Sipgate working just for Incoming calls and is fine. Incoming calls are free in UK also sipgate to sipgate. Settings as follows:-

Provider Sipgate
                            Country UK others as well
                            Homepage http://www.sipgate.co.uk
                            Tested Incoming O.K. not tested outgoing as yet.

Plugin settings

DisplayName=[Your name here]
                            UserName= 1234567 (User name from Sipgate)
                            AuthEnable=True
                            AuthUserName= XXXXXXX (User name from Sipgate)
                            AuthPassword= ABCDE (your password from Sipgate)
                            DomainRealm=sipgate.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                            X