Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to make HS respond to outgoing calls?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to make HS respond to outgoing calls?

Hi,

After some setup problems with which Stipus helped me out (thanks, with the Interop.SpeechLib.dll it works), I would like HS to run a script when I make a phonecall myself, for instance put the dialed number with the time in a log file.
    But HS doesn't seem to respond on the event.
    I set it the Current trigger Type to "SIP Line" and the event to "Outgoing call". The action is running a script but for testing it doen't realy matter, when HS doesn't respond at all when a call is made by me.
    What could I be doing wrong here?

Hello,

What do you mean by placing an outgoing call yourself ?

- Do you mean from another phone (or softphone), you place a manual call and you want a log of this call ?

- Or do you mean an outgoing call placed from the SIP Connector plugin ?

If this is the first case, it's going to be difficult. The plugin cannot intercept an outgoing call placed from another phone. I don't know which SIP provider you are using... it's possible they allow SIP SUBSCRIBE on your extension, and can NOTIFY the plugin each time a call is placed.

You can try to setup "SIP Extension Monitoring (Busy lamp field)" in the SIP Line configuration. I tested this feature with a local Asterisk server, but I'm not sure SIP providers allow this. In any case, I can try to debug the problem with a wireshark trace.

--

If this is the second case (placing an outgoing call from the plugin), then it's very easy. You can change the IVR script for the outgoing call to log the call, and/or you should be able to use the HomeSeer event trigger SIP Line - Outgoing Call
    --
    stipus

Comment

I meant the first: Making a phone call with the phone that is attached to my ZyXel router.
      My provider telfort with domain tel.telefoniedienst.nl

Comment

Try the Extension Monitoring feature.

- Create a status-only HomeSeer device such as s1
        - In the SIP Line configuration extension monitoring textbox, type your-phone-number/s1
        - Start wireshark capture on port 5060
        - Apply the new settings
        - Try to place a phone call from your other phone
        - Stop the wirehark capture and send me the result.

I'll tell you if your provider allowed the SUBSCRIBE request, and if the NOTIFY message contains enough information to create outgoing call log.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Thank you. I sent you an email with the log file from wireshark.
          I followed your instructions.

Comment

Originally posted by stipus View Post
            Try the Extension Monitoring feature.

- Create a status-only HomeSeer device such as s1
            - In the SIP Line configuration extension monitoring textbox, type your-phone-number/s1
            Is the SIP Extention Monitoring syntax your-phone-number/device-code or your-phone-number,device code?

The instructions on the SIP Connector screen read:
            Enter subscribtion data such as 3001,s1/3002,s2/3003,s3

This would subscribe to extension 3001 state changes to HS device s1, extension 3002 state changes to HS device s2...

Comment

If you want to monitor only one extension:
              phone number, device code

If you want to monitor two extensions
              phone number 1, device code 1/phone number 2, device code 2

If you want to monitor three extensions
              phone number 1, device code 1/phone number 2, device code 2/phone number 3, device code 3

... etc.
              --
              stipus

Comment

Working...
              X