X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly OT - .NET use of sipXtapi

Hi,

I would like to implement a (very) basic SIP VoIP client in .NET to talk to an Asterisk server. I'm doing this in my time on my funds - so the $1000 .NET add-ins are too steep for me.

Eventually, I'd like to develop a 'plug-in' for Win 7 Media Centre - maybe involving a bluetooth headset & display in the screen. I have source code for a Win 7 Media Centre plugin app & hope to study that to show how to intergrate. Home Automation, controlled via the media centre menus (or extenders), is something I'd liek to one day get to (but I'd need to automate my house first!).

I was searching the Internet for real world use of sipXtapi in .NET & found your SIP connector (using sipXtapi).

I would be grateful for any advice or pointers to guides / webpages / wiki's / etc for developing using sipXtapi

Just getting it compiled to use in .NET seems tricky!...

Regards

Paul

You can have a look at the Sipxtapi.NET project.
    --
    stipus

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I was aware of sipxtapidotnet - but there are comments that is uses the 'old' version of sipxtapi, which has 'issues'. I made an assumption it was unreliable.

There is no .NET wrapper on the new sipXtapi.

But hey - if you are using sipxtapidotnet and it's working for you - I'll give it a whirl.

Thanks again

Paul

Comment

I'm not using sipxtapi dot net.

I directly use the sipxtapi functions from the plugin, with .Net interop.
        --
        stipus

Comment

Thanks again for clarifying - I'll go do some reading up on that.

Paul

Comment

Working...
          X