This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No speak commands anymore - Solved!

Since weeks I've no speak commands anymore in the SIP connector. I use it when my RFXCOM alarmpanel changed to Alarm and than the SIP connector told me what's happening.
    SIP connects and disconnects without problems, but I don't hear any voice.

- I reinstalled the plugin, no solve. (version 2.56.2.4)
    - In Config/settings, the ScriptingReferences have: "HSPI_SIP;C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\hspi_sip.dll"
    - When I use the standard sip_scripts, like weather or talkingclock, also no voice is speaking.
    - At all vb scripts, the HS log displayed an error like "Script compile error: type SipCall is not defined.on line xx"

example case: Script compile error: The type SipCall is not defined.on line 16"

Imports HSPI_SIP
    Sub Init( ByVal c as SipCall )
    SpeakAlarm( c )
    End Sub

Sub CallConnected( ByVal c as SipCall )
    SpeakAlarm( c )
    End Sub

Sub SpeakAlarm( ByVal c as SipCall )
    Dim panelstate As String = hs.DeviceString("_2")
    Dim doorsensor As String = hs.DeviceString("P5")
    Dim Alarm As String = "There is an alarm at your house " & panelstate
    & " and the last sensor is " & doorsensor
    c.SpeakTextWait( Alarm )
    c.Hangup()
    End Sub

Sub CallHungup( ByVal c As SipCall )
    End Sub<O</O

You have to select a default voice from the 32-bit voice applet, in the Windows configuration.

An other way is to manually select a voice in the script using the API.
    --
    stipus

Comment

The voice commands send by Homeseer events don't have any problems, so I think the the correct voice is selected.

What about the error "SipCall is not defined", I think here is also a problem, so the script with the speak commands doesn't run at all.
      But this error occured also with the standard scripts that are installed with the SIP connector. Maybe there is a dead function somewere?

Comment

If you are getting the error "SipCall is not defined", it means the scripting reference in HomeSeer\config\settings.ini is not taken into account by HomeSeer on startup.

PHP Code:
        ScriptingReferences have"HSPI_SIP;C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\hspi_sip.dll" 
        Did you double-check that the path to the hspi_sip.dll is correct ?

If you have several scripting references, they must be separated by a comma.

Is there any other error in the HS log when the plugin is started ?
        --
        stipus

Comment

I removed all other scripting references, except the HSPI_SIP and dll location, and now the problem is solved.

Now it's only:
          ScriptingReferences=HSPI_SIP;C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HSPRO\hspi_sip.dll

Comment

Maybe one of the other DLLs had a failure, and this prevented Homeseer from loading this one.

If you don't put the other references back, you may experience problems with other plugins...
            --
            stipus

Comment

I'm trying this now one by one behind the SIP preferences.
              So far so good.

Thnx for your support.

Comment

I'm sorry I didn't catch the error message in your first email.

Most of the time when the plugin doesn't talk, it's a problem with the voice selection... Especially on 64 bit windows, as you have to launch the 32-bit control panel to select the voice.
                --
                stipus

Comment

Working...
                X