X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome!

Welcome TiVo enthusiasts!

The TiVo plug-in for HomeSeer is a new plug-in that allows you to control your HomeSeer devices and trigger HomeSeer events using your TiVO Series 2 or TiVO Series 3 with the Home Media Option.

The plug-in automatically installs the Java Runtime required for the application and when HomeSeer is started, it starts the TiVo app server and registers the application on your local network. Even if you have multiple TiVo boxes, the application will appear under "Music, Photos, & More" on all of them.

We hope you enjoy it and please give us your feedback here.

GRHS Technologies

Screenshots?

Thanks,
    Dave

Comment

Screen Shots

OK, this will probably take a few posts because of size limitations, but let me see what I can do....

The quality is not that good because I do not have any good capture hardware, so this was using a camera and in some cases a cheap capture board. It will look much better on your TV. ;-)

Update: I re-did the screen shots using a TiVo emulator, so they are much clearer now.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by GRHS Technologies; February 10, 2007, 04:41 PM. Reason: Updated Screen Captures

Comment

Group 2
        Attached Files
        Last edited by GRHS Technologies; February 10, 2007, 04:42 PM. Reason: More Updated Screenshots

Comment

Wow...this looks great! Can you provide info on what Tivo units this is compatible with? would it be compatible with some DirecTV Tivo units?
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I installed this yesterday and was very impressed. Even my wife thought it was cool. That is a good thing!

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis
              Wow...this looks great! Can you provide info on what Tivo units this is compatible with? would it be compatible with some DirecTV Tivo units?
              Thank you!
              Unfortunately, the TiVo box has to have the Home Media option for this to work, and apparently that is not available on DirecTV TiVos:
              http://forums.tivo.com/pe/action/for...ostID=10199597

The way the answer was stated though makes it seem like it might be coming in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by GRHS Technologies
                Welcome TiVo enthusiasts!
                Erm, sorry to interrupt, but, being from the other side of our pond, and, excuse the American expression:

What the hell is TiVo
                sigpic
                A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

TiVo was the original DVR (Digital Video Recorder). The series two has a lot of home network/media server options. www.tivo.com
                  Plugins:
                  BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Originally posted by completelyhis
                    TiVo was the original DVR (Digital Video Recorder). The series two has a lot of home network/media server options. www.tivo.com
                    Thank you for the answer and the link.

It looks an intersting sight,
                    sigpic
                    A founder member of "The HA Pioneer Group" otherwise known as the "Old farts club!"

Comment

Don't know if they have any TiVo devices that support PAL, though.
                      Plugins:

Comment

Tivo was in the UK from around 1999 to 2004. It was a loss maker for Tivo so they stopped production for the UK market. I believe they still support existing equipment. Sky+ was one of its rivals so was doomed to fail.

UK Tivo FAQ http://www.tivofaq.co.uk/
                        Jon

Comment

Originally posted by dale
                          I installed this yesterday and was very impressed. Even my wife thought it was cool. That is a good thing!

My wife and daughter (8 years old) had the same reaction. Bought the license right after those comments!!

Once again, a happy household!
                          -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                          HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I haven't ever used/seen a tivo series two...does one tivo box make it possible to access the info on any tv in the house? if so...that's incredible, turning any tv into a hs interface!
                            Plugins:

Comment

CompletelyHis,

It depends on how your TiVo is set up in your home. TiVo has a multi-room option and I think it uses modulators, and that is what I have set up as well. A modulator puts the TiVo on a channel in your home so that you can tune any TV to that channel to see it. Then you have to figure out the best way to get the IR signal to the TiVo box from the other rooms you view from.

So with a setup like this, then yes you can can control your HomeSeer system from any TV in the house using your TiVo remote control.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X