Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scripting questions to avoid lots more feature requests.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scripting questions to avoid lots more feature requests.

I see there is a SendCommand script call which would let me send stuff that my receiver supports, but your plug-in doesn't support. Like zone2 and zone3 balance.

However I was wondering if I could read the last response as well, so if I were to send a command like "BL3QSTN" I could get the current value of the the zone 3 balance.

Maybe you could introduce a function instead of a sub that would return the response of a sent command...

PHP Code:
    Public Function SendQSTNCommand(ByRef recnum As ShortByVal command 
    As String) As String 
    or better yet overload that with a timeout as well.

PHP Code:
    As StringbyVal timeout as integer) As String 
    That would let me do anything my receiver is capable without having to bug you to add features to the plugin. Please as Onkyo introduces new commands for new models, those people could access the new features as well.

Thanks.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Originally posted by zimmer62 View Post
    I see there is a SendCommand script call which would let me send stuff that my receiver supports, but your plug-in doesn't support. Like zone2 and zone3 balance.

However I was wondering if I could read the last response as well, so if I were to send a command like "BL3QSTN" I could get the current value of the the zone 3 balance.

Maybe you could introduce a function instead of a sub that would return the response of a sent command...

PHP Code:
    As String) As String 
    or better yet overload that with a timeout as well.

PHP Code:
    As StringbyVal timeout as integer) As String 
    That would let me do anything my receiver is capable without having to bug you to add features to the plugin. Please as Onkyo introduces new commands for new models, those people could access the new features as well.

Thanks.
    Good idea.. i will add it the next version..

-Tom-
    -Tom-

Comment

This has been added in Beta 1.1.4, or at least something similar.. Check out the help to find the calls

Thanks

-Tom-
      -Tom-

Comment

Working...
      X