X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiple IP connections to Onkyo AVR?

Hello,

I love the plug in, thanks for writing it. I just bought it.

My question is do you know how many IP controllers can connect to the AVR at one time?

I am trying to integrate another control system - a Universal Remote Control KP4000 with an MRX1, while coexisting with your plug in.

I did a test with your plug in, along with the Onkyo AVR iPhone app, and they both worked perfectly. If I touched a button on the iPhone app, your plug in would update. If I controlled via your plug in, the iPhone would update almost instantly.

So my conclusion is apparently I can have at least 2 connections via IP at the same time, however when I try to connect via the URC KP4000, it says all 2 way connections are in use. I am wondering if the iPhone is doing something special or reserved, and only one other 2 way IP controller can be connected?

I would try to do everything in HomeSeer, however there is not a good option for a touch panel that fits into a double gang J box, thus the need for the URC KP4000 in the wall.

I tried contacting Onkyo tech support, and talked to a guy named Darvin, but he did not know.... He said I needed to contact my dealer!

Thanks for any help.

Travis

I think a plan b would be to use RS232 from HS to the AVR, and open up the IP connection for the KP4000.

I understand the RS232 and IP connections to be functionality equivalent.

Comment

I really dont know the answer yet, you could try using ethernet and serial if your serial port is near the homeseer machine...

You could just use the hstouch app?

-Tom-
      -Tom-

Comment

Working...
      X