This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to play/control Internet radio

Is there any way or plans to add control of the Internet stations on the onkyo such as slacker or networked music??

Its been a while since i looked at the docs, i will try in add whatever is supported by the docs... I dont use this feature, so me testing it might be difficult.. When i get some free time ill take a look

-Tom-
    -Tom-

Comment

Pandora?

I just bought an Integra DTR 40.3. I was wondering if I could use your plugin to select a specific Pandora station to play on Zone 2?

Comment

Originally posted by joewilly1 View Post
        I just bought an Integra DTR 40.3. I was wondering if I could use your plugin to select a specific Pandora station to play on Zone 2?
        Not through this plugin.

Thanks

-Tom-
        -Tom-

Comment

Follow up

Hopefully this won't be a dumb question.

Is it because the plugin doesn't include those codes? Or is it that the unit itself doesn't have the ability to be controlled that way?

Thanks.

Comment

Hopefully this won't be a dumb question.

Is it because the plugin doesn't include those codes? Or is it that the unit itself doesn't have the ability to be controlled that way?

Thanks.
            I never seen anything in the onkyo dev docs about controlling it, so I don't think the plugin would be able to because there are no codes to do so. Unless someone knows a different way?

-Tom-
            -Tom-

Comment

Is there still no way to add internet radio control to this plugin, this would really be a great addition.

Thanks

Comment

I just installed OnkyTroller for my Android phone. I can use it for any zone to connect to any source...internet radio, regular radio, Pandora, pc via DLNA. I can select individual stations on any of the radio sources (including Pandora). On/off, volume control, etc. are also available. I connect to my home network with Wifi and the receiver is connected via ethernet.

It seems all of this functionality should also be available with something in Homeseer.

Comment

If Andnroid Apps can do it... That's a good point, JoeWilly1!

I am using the free app from Onkyo (v1.02.111207a.1964) and it seems robust and stable enough. It definitely has the ability to select internet radio stations, but only from entries predefined in a table inside the AVR, right?
                  Dan the Lan Man

Comment

With OnkyTroller you can scroll through all internet radio stations, not just ones on the presets.

I never could get the sponsored Onkyo/Integra app to connect. I tried technical support on many occasions and didn't have any luck.

All of this is sort of unrelated to the plug in...other than to say it seems that additional functionality could be had.

Comment

Since 3rd party Onkyo apps have this functionality so I would assume this is possible through the plugin. Does anyone know where to find the Onkyo SDKs its got to be something in there.

twa8000,

Any ideas? It seems like people want this functionality.

Thanks

Comment

Onkyo Codes

Here's a thread on AV Forums where they talk a lot about developing smartphone apps for Onkyo/Integra. One guy developed one for the iphone (Oremote) and another guy for Android (OnkyTroller). It seems that they are pretty free sharing information and ideas. On this site I found the latest codes from Onkyo with the 2011 models and expanded net features.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/onkyo...ogramming.html
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by joewilly1; January 25, 2012, 01:03 PM. Reason: Forgot something.

Comment

Here's a thread on AV Forums where they talk a lot about developing smartphone apps for Onkyo/Integra. One guy developed one for the iphone (Oremote) and another guy for Android (OnkyTroller). It seems that they are pretty free sharing information and ideas. On this site I found the latest codes from Onkyo with the 2011 models and expanded net features.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/onkyo...ogramming.html
                          Sweet thanks for the info, I wish we could get help from the developer of this plugin now.

Comment

Hey guys,

Been quite busy with work lately, i will have to look at this in the future to see what i can do, Thanks for uploading the latest docs. Thanks!

-Tom-
                            -Tom-

Comment

Working...
                            X