X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS-232 and plugin

Hi Tom,

Is there a way of connecting to my amp with RS232 and still be able to still use the plugin,or is it going to be a case of once the plugin is connected, then the port is always going to be busy?
    What i would like to do is send the amp via homeseer scripts the RS-232 command that your plugin does not seem to pick up on, i.e some of the sound modes, also there seem to be a lot of wrap-around code that would prove useful

looking at the RS-232 command sheet there is lot of command that could be sent via RS-232, But i do like the status update that you get with the plugin, like volume upated etc..

I have attached the latest RS-232 codes I could find, allthought it doesn't mention my amp, presume they are going to be very simular, chances are you will probably have this already

http://www.filesonic.com/file/145596...CVR_071509.xls

Thanks

Steve
    Last edited by S.Morris; July 16, 2011, 03:44 AM.

You can already use the com port, the com port does 2 way communications as well. If you check out the help page on the setup page you can issue custom commands. And the commands are exactly the same for either rs232 or tcpip. My plugin does both and the commands are exactly the same. So you can use either connection method and issue custom commands. Let me know if you need help, thanks

-Tom-
    -Tom-

Comment

Thanks Tom,

If you check out the help page on the setup page you can issue custom commands.
      not sure what you are referring to, could you point me in the right direction please

steve

Comment

Originally posted by S.Morris View Post
        Thanks Tom,

not sure what you are referring to, could you point me in the right direction please

steve
        On the setup page where you configure the ip and ports, there is a link in the Top of that box, in the blue part that say help. If you go here http://store.homeseer.com/store/Onky...A-P944C93.aspx
        Click screen shots and look at image 2. There is scripting calls to issue your own commands in the help page. Like "PWR01" or whatever you want

-Tom-
        -Tom-

Comment

Hi Tom,

I had a mess around and managed to get custom commands to work OK, but sure how the feed back would work.
          Would it be the same as status tracking and give you a visual indication?

steve

Comment

Hi Tom,

I had a mess around and managed to get custom commands to work OK, but sure how the feed back would work.
            Would it be the same as status tracking and give you a visual indication?

steve
            are you wanting to track something that is not in my plugin, i have some scripting calls in there for getting information?

&hs.Plugin("TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA").GetCustomResponse("1")

will get a response from the receiver that was not accepted by a device in my plugin. if the device already exists in my plugin, it will update that device in homeseer. however if you issued a command and the response has no matching device in homesser....

GetCustomResponse("1")

will get that value..

So i would run a clear first(make sure there are no other responses in the queue), issue the custom command, and then get the response.

ClearCustomResponse("1")
            SendCustomCommand("DVL00","1")
            GetCustomResponse("1")

The response you could do anything with then with some scripting...

after the sendcustomcommand you may need to put a slight pause in there as you have to wait for the receiver to response.

Let me know if you need more help figuring it out..

-Tom-
            -Tom-

Comment

Thanks Tom,

Yes I am wanting to track something that the plugin didn't pick-up

I have no idea on scripting so would be grateful if you could point me at some examples.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Hi Tom,

You don't happen to have the latest RS232 codes, the document I have is from 2009

Did tweet onkyo but they said i could not have it

Sorry, but RS-232 commands are provided to Onkyo Authorized Distributors, Authorized Dealers & Authorized Service Stations only..
                Steve

Comment

Hi Tom,

You don't happen to have the latest RS232 codes, the document I have is from 2009

Did tweet onkyo but they said i could not have it

Steve
                  This is the newest one i have

http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=62

Did you search avsforums?

-Tom-
                  -Tom-

Comment

Hi Tom,

Here is a new version 1.18 dated 2010, that I have just come across

Onkyo RS-232 serial / Ethernet commands

Steve

Comment

Hi Tom,

Here is a new version 1.18 dated 2010, that I have just come across

Onkyo RS-232 serial / Ethernet commands

Steve
                      Excellent, Thank you

-Tom-
                      -Tom-

Comment

Working...
                      X