Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your Receiver is being setup, please wait...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Receiver is being setup, please wait...

I installed the plug-in V1.1.5 this evening and the Plug-in option page shows "Your Receiver is being setup, please wait", yet nothing is happening. When HS Starts-up the plugin polls and connects

8/4/2011 10:08:36 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Receiver 1 Attempting to open IP 192.168.1.115:60128
    8/4/2011 10:08:37 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Sent(!1PWRQSTN)
    8/4/2011 10:08:40 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 RAW DATA !1PWR01
    8/4/2011 10:08:40 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Receiver 1 at IP 192.168.1.115:60128 Successfully Connected

Thoughts?
    -Mike

Originally posted by jello4 View Post
    I installed the plug-in V1.1.5 this evening and the Plug-in option page shows "Your Receiver is being setup, please wait", yet nothing is happening. When HS Starts-up the plugin polls and connects

8/4/2011 10:08:36 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Receiver 1 Attempting to open IP 192.168.1.115:60128
    8/4/2011 10:08:37 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Sent(!1PWRQSTN)
    8/4/2011 10:08:40 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 RAW DATA !1PWR01
    8/4/2011 10:08:40 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Receiver 1 at IP 192.168.1.115:60128 Successfully Connected

Thoughts?
    -Mike
    Did you have device before or is this the first time using the plugin?? Make sure an option on connect on startup is selected
    If you already devices, does the plugin work normally? That was a feature I added without much testing to prevent create devices from running twice, did you click create devices or did it just say that when you went to setup

Let me know

Thanks

-Tom-
    -Tom-

Comment

Tom,

This was after a supposed re-install. Here are the gory details...

I have an Onkyo N807

I installed the plugin from the updated, got V1.0.1.0 and it seemed to work, except I could not switch to the Tuner. I looked in the Msg Boards and saw there was V1.1.5 and updated to that. Things were better, more HS Devices, but still no Tuner Input. After reading around I decided to re-install. So I shut the plugin down, deleted the HS Devices, removed the ini file, then re-installed the Plugin. Now I am in this state, 'Your Receiver is being setup, please wait'. There is no polling activity to the receiver. The plugin does seem to work through scripting command, BUT it does Crash HomeSeer when trying the custom command to increase volume by 1 DB. (Maybe unrelated).

&hs.Plugin("TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA").SendCustomCommand("MVLUP1","1 ")

HS Dump:
      Conversion from string "&HUP1" to type 'Long' is not valid.

HomeSeer version: 2.5.0.23

Source: Microsoft.VisualBasic

Target: Int64 ToLong(System.String)

Stack trace:

at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToLong(St ring Value)

at HSPI_TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA.Receiver.PreCheck(String command)

at HSPI_TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA.Receiver.SendCommand(String command)

at HSPI_TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA.Receiver.SendCommandCheck()

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWi thGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionConte xt executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)

at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

I am thinking to remove the plugin completely and try again. Think that will work, anything I should be sure to remove beyond the ini file?

All-in-All, nice work and I am looking forward to using this plugin!
      -Mike

Comment

Thanks..

MVLUP1 would be an upsupported command, you would use MVLUP instead

Now back to the issue, Create devices can take upto 10 to 15 minutes to finish.. try this

1. delete all devices for this plugin (probably are none since you already deleted)
        2. shutdown homeseer
        3. delete ini file.
        4. Startup homeseer
        5. configure your IP address.
        6. Press connect(make sure it connected by checking the log)
        7. Connect on startup select TCP/IP
        8. Turn on debug mode
        9. Click Create Devices
        10. Watch the log

the plugin does take upto 10-15 minutes to complete the create devices... watch the log to see if its working. there may be some pauses while its setting up(upto 5 minutes) thats normal

After it is complete you should have devices.. if it doesn't can you post the debug log, Thanks

-Tom-
        -Tom-

Comment

Thanks for the quick response...

Does the plug-in support all the commands in the Onkyo Excel table? According to the document the UP1 command is supported by the receiver, if the plug-in does not support it - thats a different story. I guess I assumed the plug-in passed through when using the SendCustomCommand.

As for your steps, Thanks I will try and report back.

-Mike
          Attached Files

Comment

Okay, I have been around and around with this bad boy and am still not getting a configuration with V1.1.5. Here is the HS Log after 10 minutes:

8/5/2011 2:48:34 PM Plug-In Found plug-in: TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, version: 1.1.5.0

8/5/2011 2:50:12 PM Plug-In Interface TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.
            8/5/2011 2:50:12 PM TWA Onkyo/Integra Plugin Register callback completed
            8/5/2011 2:50:12 PM TWA Onkyo/Integra Plugin Application path: C:\Program Files\HomeSeerV2
            8/5/2011 2:50:12 PM Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA
            8/5/2011 2:50:13 PM Error Initializing interface: TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA->Public member 'link' on type 'String' not found.
            8/5/2011 2:50:13 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA
            8/5/2011 2:50:42 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Debug Mode Enabled
            8/5/2011 2:50:45 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Attempting to open IP 192.168.1.115:60128
            8/5/2011 2:50:46 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 Command Sent(!1PWRQSTN)
            8/5/2011 2:50:49 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA DEBUG MODE: Receiver 1 RAW DATA !1PWR01
            8/5/2011 2:50:49 PM TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA Receiver 1 at IP 192.168.1.115:60128 Successfully Connected

It is simply not polling my receiver...

I am going to try falling back to V1.1.4 and see where that gets me.

-Mike

Comment

so you click create devices in setup and nothing happens? it just says please wait?

Let me know how 1.1.4 works, if it still doesn't work... does your receiver have the latest firmware?

And yes MVLUP1 should work in my plugin but it seems to be a bug...

-Tom-
              -Tom-

Comment

I fell back to V1.1.4 and the devices were created and everything seems to work just fine. I'm going to hold at V1.1.4, it may just be device creation is broken in 1.1.5 but after what I went through I'm a little gun shy for now...

I never got a chance to click 'Create Devices' it simply went to 'Your Receiver is being setup'.

Comment

Thanks for the help.. i cant replicate the issue but it a simple fix im sure.. i will try to figure it out and let you know when its resolved

-Tom-
                  -Tom-

Comment

Working...
                  X