This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oman
    Make sure you update to the latest build of the ACRF plugin and run it *BEFORE* doing the upgrade...

Jon
    That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm not anywhere near ready to go to HS2 yet, I just figured upgrading to some of the plugins, like this one, that were HS 1.7 and HS 2 friendly would help get me on the way there. I'm hoping that by the time I upgrade, it will be as painless as possible.
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Jon,
      I am running hs 1.7 with old wf800 2.1 plugin, installed new plugin 1.005 from updater entered license code restarted homeseer and now my security devices show unkown in status. Did i do something wrong here?

Am i supposed to copy the MSCOMCTL.ocx to the homeseer folder ? thanks
      Last edited by ; August 26, 2005, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jokerm5
        Jon,
        I am running hs 1.7 with old wf800 2.1 plugin, installed new plugin 1.005 from updater entered license code restarted homeseer and now my security devices show unkown in status. Did i do something wrong here?

Am i supposed to copy the MSCOMCTL.ocx to the homeseer folder ? thanks
        Make sure you disable the old W800 plugin. The new plugin updates the devices in HomeSeer so they will show unknown until each sensor sends and update.

Jon
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio
          Hi Jon,

Any idea when the new interface for the new W800 plugin will be ready?
          New Interface? Do you mean the HTML setup screen? If so it will be a few more weeks. It is a major amount of code.

Jon
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Jon, I still haven't performed the upgrade. What's the proper sequence, I'm still running HS 1.7.

Is it:
            1. Disable (Old) W800 plugin
            2. Run Updater, install new plugin
            3. Restart HS

or

1. Run Updater, install new plugin
            2. Restart HS
            3. Disable (Old) W800 Plugin
            4. Restart HS

Will there be duplicate devices created?
            Will I have to re-do my events and/or DooMotion devices that trigger off of W800 plugin devices?
            John
            Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
            Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

[QUOTE=jrfuda]Jon, I still haven't performed the upgrade. What's the proper sequence, I'm still running HS 1.7.

1) Disable W800 plugin.
              2) Restart HS.
              3) Dowload latest AC RF plugin.
              4) Restart HS if needed - won't hurt but it may not need it.
              5) Configure AC RF plugin. It should import your W800 settings.
              6) The devices should still be there and still connected to your events.

Now you can install HS2 into a new dir, copy your .INI and HS config over. Open the HS config file so that HS2 will upgrade it. Download and install the AC RF plugin to HS2. Since you moved the INI file over it should be working and in sync with your HomeSeer config.

Jon
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

OK. Following your proecured was relatively painless.

The only bad thing that happened was that the device codes changed from having a "]" prefix to having a "$" prefix, however all my events, both triggers and actions, reflected the change gracefully. DooMotion, however, did not. It took me all of 5 minutes to change all the "]" triggers in DM to "$" triggers.

I'm being a naughty boy and doing all this via RDP from work, so I can't run through the house causing motion and opening/closing doors. But I did remotely raise and lower the garage door, which set off the motion sensor in the garage, and it looked good. I just had two of my other devices send status reports, so their status just changed from NONE to NORMAL. So it appears everything is working well.

Also, for other DM users, you're going to have to go into DM's options and reconfigure the interfaces tab so that DM will understand the new plugin. I've attached a screencap showing the proper config.
                Attached Files
                John

Comment

Jon, I've turned on the debug, so I can monitor the plugin for a while, and I've noticed that one of my devies is sending a low battery warning, here's a snippet:
                  PHP Code:
                  8/26/2005 1:40:52 PMAC RF ProcessorProcessing Command from RFSecurity(Supervised Door/Win/Glass Sensor #19901) Normal
                  8/26/2005 1:39:51 PMAC RF ProcessorProcessing Command from RFSecurity(Supervised Door/Win/Glass Sensor #31113) Normal (Low Battery Warning)
                  8/26/2005 1:37:53 PMAC RF ProcessorProcessing Command from RFSecurity(Supervised Door/Win/Glass Sensor #28800) Normal 
                  That would be some nice info to see in the device status of each device!
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by jrfuda
                    Jon, I've turned on the debug, so I can monitor the plugin for a while, and I've noticed that one of my devies is sending a low battery warning, here's a snippet:
                    PHP Code:
                    8/26/2005 1:40:52 PMAC RF ProcessorProcessing Command from RFSecurity(Supervised Door/Win/Glass Sensor #19901) Normal

8/26/2005 1:39:51 PMAC RF ProcessorProcessing Command from RFSecurity(Supervised Door/Win/Glass Sensor #31113) Normal (Low Battery Warning)

8/26/2005 1:37:53 PMAC RF ProcessorProcessing Command from RFSecurity(Supervised Door/Win/Glass Sensor #28800) Normal 
                    That would be some nice info to see in the device status of each device!
                    The ability to have the plugin notify you if any sensors go "comm failure" or "battery low" is has been added to 1.0.7. There is now a device that will give you the sensor state for all your sensors. If any go bad it will change states so you can trigger an event or just see it in the UI. The status text will include the failed device's address. It just didn't seem to make sense to have to check every device for problems. A single point of notification seemed a better choice.

Jon
                    Jon Ort
                    JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

This device that will alert us to a problem. Is this something I have to create, or is it automatically created when a condition arises.
                      Thanks,

T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcassio
                        This device that will alert us to a problem. Is this something I have to create, or is it automatically created when a condition arises.
                        Starting with 1.0.7 of the plugin there is an option in the config page to add a "security device monitoring device". The plugin will create the device for you if you enable the option. It will stay "normal" so long as all the registered security devices are working. If one reports a low battery the device will change values to "Low battery" and the text displayed for the device will also change to "Low Battery XY" where XY is the address of the unit with the low battery. The same applies for com failures. Events can be tied to the device.

Jon
                        Jon Ort
                        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Originally posted by Oman
                          1) Disable W800 plugin.
                          2) Restart HS.
                          3) Dowload latest AC RF plugin.
                          4) Restart HS if needed - won't hurt but it may not need it.
                          5) Configure AC RF plugin. It should import your W800 settings.
                          6) The devices should still be there and still connected to your events.
                          I'm running HS1.7 and thinking aobut upgrading to this new plugin. Question: How do I "disable W800 plugin"? I only see remove in the options/interface section.
                          Regards, Bob

Comment

In HS 1.7 you use the remove option. It just removes it from the currently installed plugins, not from the machine.

Jon

Originally posted by itanic
                            I'm running HS1.7 and thinking aobut upgrading to this new plugin. Question: How do I "disable W800 plugin"? I only see remove in the options/interface section.
                            Jon Ort
                            JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Working...
                            X