This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control of security devices is gone...

I used to be able to "force change" my security devices. There used to be an option to "control device" where I could change it to "alert", "normal" and "unknown". Granted, I did that mostly for testing conditions and scripts.

Is this something that is different from the free WF800 plugin vs. the ACRF plugin?

I am nervous to try switching to the old plugin because I've added/changed my security devices and I am worried that when I change back, I will need to redo everything. Can I switch between the 2 without having to "redo"?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Originally posted by jasv
    I used to be able to "force change" my security devices. There used to be an option to "control device" where I could change it to "alert", "normal" and "unknown". Granted, I did that mostly for testing conditions and scripts.

Is this something that is different from the free WF800 plugin vs. the ACRF plugin?

I am nervous to try switching to the old plugin because I've added/changed my security devices and I am worried that when I change back, I will need to redo everything. Can I switch between the 2 without having to "redo"?
    You can still force it by using the device control events or calling &hs.SetDeviceValue from a script command. They were removed from the device UI because changing them from the front-end would cause the plugin to be out of sync with HomeSeer and things would go wrong afterwords. It was nice for testing but then when the system went "live" some of the sensors could be out of sync and therefore not trigger the system when they should. Generally this was a *bad* thing.

Jon
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Got it!

Thanks for the update and I agree with your conclusion/approach.\

So is the switching between W800 and ACRF a bad idea?
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Originally posted by jasv
        Thanks for the update and I agree with your conclusion/approach.\

So is the switching between W800 and ACRF a bad idea?
        Switching back-and-forth would be a very bad idea. If is it critical to have UI device control I could add an option in the plugin that would default to "off". Or maybe I could build in a test procedure that coud do what you need without getting everything out of sync.

Jon
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

No need.

There is no need to do anything further. Using an event to force the security devices to a status works just fine. The question about switching back and forth was just a curiosity question to see if my paranoia was justified and it seems like it was.

Thanks again for a great plug in.
          James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Working...
          X