This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by affeking
    I have a firecracker (CM17A) already. Can this be used in place of the CM11A for Homeseer (in conjunction with the W800)? Will I be getting anything more out of the 11A?
    The CM17A can only send X10 signals not receive them. The W800 only receives RF signals so this cobo wouldn't allow you to "act" on X10 received at all.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

The only things I can think of that I'll want to receive from are remotes and sensors, all of which transmit RF. Is it 2-way modules that you are thinking of? I don't actually have any at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by affeking
        I have a firecracker (CM17A) already. Can this be used in place of the CM11A for Homeseer (in conjunction with the W800)?
        The Firecracker only transmits X10 RF, Whereas the CM11A Transmits and receives X10 on the powerline. You need an X10 powerline interface in order to control your appliance and lamp modules. Your options are (in order of my thinking of them):

CM11A from X10
        PowerLinc/USB from SmartHome
        TI103 from ACT

There is also the PCS05 and TW523 interfaces, which connect to dedicated hardware, like the Ocelot and some alarm panels. This is probably what your security system uses. They cannot be used directly by HomeSeer.

It sounds like you don't need to receive X10 from the powerline at all yet. But you may find a requirement for that later.

Comment

Working...
        X