This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Message timing suspicious error

Just got this device last night and I think I am going to love it as much as the rest of you sound.

I'm really just getting started with HS and playing with hawkeye motion sensors. One thing I am seeing when people are walking around in front of these (that is, triggering them on and on, seconds apart, repeatedly) is the following message:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/8/2005 2:14:44 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>AC RF Processor </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Message timing suspicious - Likely serial data problems (framing error of 19 ). Attempting to reframe.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

OK, not a big deal in and of itself, but sometimes when this happens it illicits a bogus command, as in the following example:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/8/2005 2:10:18 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>AC RF Processor </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Message timing suspicious - Likely serial data problems (framing error of 45 ). Attempting to reframe.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>9/8/2005 2:10:15 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>X10 Received </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>M6 (?) M Off</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>9/8/2005 2:10:15 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>AC RF Processor </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Message timing suspicious - Likely serial data problems (framing error of 42 ). Attempting to reframe.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

I have no device M6 and the motion sensor that triggered the event is actually B1. This phantom command happens about once every 5-10 times I get the suspicious timing error, and it isn't always the same housecode, so you can see how limiting this could be...I can't use device M6 or N9 or who knows what else because I'll get false triggers.

Any thoughts? Thanks, all, love this board.

Joe

Joe, I've seen the "suspicious" messages before when I had above normal logging on, but it never gave me the bogus commands like you're seeing.

Check your old logs and see if you were getting any bogus M6 commands before you installed the W800 and just didn't notice it. I've gotten bogus commands before - and thought it was do to some new hardware or plugin, when it ended up being some old hardware going bad - and I just didn't notice it becuae I wasn't monitoring my log as much as I do when I install something new.
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Thanks, John. I have been watching my logs closely since implementing a few months ago, since I'm constantly changing things, never seen a phantom command. They are always sandwiched between two of those warnings. Thanks.

Comment

Oh, btw, another way to eliminate this problem, I think, would be if I could somehow get HS to ignore motion sensor notifications within 5 minutes of each other. Any way to do that?

Comment

These messages mean that the serial data between the W800 and the plugin got corrupted. In all cases so far it has been interference with the actual serial lines, a bad serial port (or usb adapter) or CPU was pegged and serial data was lost at the port because the port could not be serviced. The W800 ALWAYS sends 4 bytes of data per transmission. Never more never less, and all 4 bytes at the same time. This message means that 4 bytes did not come in. The plugin had to use the timing of the bytes to figure out where to restart. Since it does work after the reframing then the plugin did sync back up. There is some error checking available with X10 commands but not a whole bunch. You would usually see about 10% of currupt X10 commands validate and about .1% of random data would validate. If you turn on very detailed logging and post a chunk of the log we would be able to tell you if the bad command came from the W800 or elsewhere.

In the end if you are seeing more than 1 or two of these per *day* then you have a problem that needs fixing. I get about one of these per month on my system.

Jon

Originally posted by joeslat
          Just got this device last night and I think I am going to love it as much as the rest of you sound.

I'm really just getting started with HS and playing with hawkeye motion sensors. One thing I am seeing when people are walking around in front of these (that is, triggering them on and on, seconds apart, repeatedly) is the following message:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/8/2005 2:14:44 PM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">AC RF Processor </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">Message timing suspicious - Likely serial data problems (framing error of 19 ). Attempting to reframe.</td></tr></tbody></table>

OK, not a big deal in and of itself, but sometimes when this happens it illicits a bogus command, as in the following example:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/8/2005 2:10:18 PM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">AC RF Processor </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Message timing suspicious - Likely serial data problems (framing error of 45 ). Attempting to reframe.</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime0" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/8/2005 2:10:15 PM </td><td class="LOGType0" colspan="3" align="left">X10 Received </td><td class="LOGEntry0" colspan="8" align="left">M6 (?) M Off</td></tr><tr><td class="LOGDateTime1" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">9/8/2005 2:10:15 PM </td><td class="LOGType1" colspan="3" align="left">AC RF Processor </td><td class="LOGEntry1" colspan="8" align="left">Message timing suspicious - Likely serial data problems (framing error of 42 ). Attempting to reframe.</td></tr></tbody></table>

I have no device M6 and the motion sensor that triggered the event is actually B1. This phantom command happens about once every 5-10 times I get the suspicious timing error, and it isn't always the same housecode, so you can see how limiting this could be...I can't use device M6 or N9 or who knows what else because I'll get false triggers.

Any thoughts? Thanks, all, love this board.

Joe
          Jon Ort
          JonOrt@The--Orts.com
          (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Great, thanks, I will post my log after I update it and it happens again, but I bet it is my CPU is pegging. Too much stuff on a too-old box. I'm working on that...

Comment

Working...
            X