This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACRF and W800RF?

Can someone explain the diff between these 2 plugins?

I have the W800RF installed and seems to work ok with HS2.0 even though I get a warning:

9/9/2005 2:57:52 PM - WARNING - GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method.

But all seems to be working OK, Do I need to upgrade my Plugin? to which one?

what is the AC RF plugin?

Thanks

Joe
    jjsmd@yahoo.com

There are several other threads about this but they are getting down the list a bit... maybe I should put a sticky thread up...

Anyhow the W800 one is for HS1.7 and has a few issues with HS2 - Not all the issues cause problems for everyone though. The ACRF one supports more receivers, can multiplex them together, is for HS1.7 and 2.0, and has a bunch of extra features. You can try it for 30 days (it will import but not change your W800 plugin settings) and see if you think the features in it are worth going from the free W800 plugin to the paid ACRF one. The choice is yours.

Jon

PS: The warning messages are indicating that the code is using an old method of getting at devices. The old method has the somewhat remote possibility of trying to change a device at the same time HomeSeer itself is getting at a device (when running HS2). Since HS 1.7 was not multi-threaded this could not happen. If it does happen to occur the results are somewhat random with the worst being a crash and the more likely case being that the wrong device gets updated. The more complex your system gets (more events and scripts) the more likely there will be a problem with code that still uses the old method. I think that in general this would be quite rare.

Originally posted by jjsmd
    Can someone explain the diff between these 2 plugins?

I have the W800RF installed and seems to work ok with HS2.0 even though I get a warning:

9/9/2005 2:57:52 PM - WARNING - GetDevice is not reliable for device enumeration. Please use the new GetDeviceEnumerator method.

But all seems to be working OK, Do I need to upgrade my Plugin? to which one?

what is the AC RF plugin?

Thanks

Joe
    Last edited by Oman; September 19, 2005, 10:56 PM.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
    X