This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unregistered security device errors

I recently moved my W800 antenna from my HA closet to my attic. The increased range has solved some of my RF device communications problems.

However, now every minute or two I receive the following error in the HomeSeer log:

10/8/2005 21:01:51~!~W800 RF (32Bit) Controller~!~Received RAW Bytes: 30 CF 7F 8F At 24071.67

10/8/2005 21:01:51~!~W800 RF (32Bit) Controller~!~RF Decoded: Unregistered security device #36735 Cmd: 1 or bad RF packet

10/8/2005 21:01:51~!~W800 RF (32Bit) Controller~!~Debounced duplicate message.

I am pretty sure this is from a neighbor's system; maybe someone has one of those X-10 floodlights.
    Anyway, when I set the logging to normal I don't see these errors. My question is can I just let this go or will it affect my wireless performance? I don't see any performance hit - yet anyway.
    Will my increased wireless range make my system more susceptible to RF flooding?

Thanks for the help.

Assuming that that your transmitters will have a stronger signal than the rogue one, there will be no performance issues at all. Picking up extra noise is fine so long as the noise is not stronger than the signals you are sending intentionally. The W800 has a variable gain amp that will deal with it just fine.

Originally posted by KLS
    I recently moved my W800 antenna from my HA closet to my attic. The increased range has solved some of my RF device communications problems.

However, now every minute or two I receive the following error in the HomeSeer log:

10/8/2005 21:01:51~!~W800 RF (32Bit) Controller~!~Received RAW Bytes: 30 CF 7F 8F At 24071.67

10/8/2005 21:01:51~!~W800 RF (32Bit) Controller~!~RF Decoded: Unregistered security device #36735 Cmd: 1 or bad RF packet

10/8/2005 21:01:51~!~W800 RF (32Bit) Controller~!~Debounced duplicate message.

I am pretty sure this is from a neighbor's system; maybe someone has one of those X-10 floodlights.
    Anyway, when I set the logging to normal I don't see these errors. My question is can I just let this go or will it affect my wireless performance? I don't see any performance hit - yet anyway.
    Will my increased wireless range make my system more susceptible to RF flooding?

Thanks for the help.
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Working...
    X