Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do I go back to this version in HS 2?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how do I go back to this version in HS 2?

Was using the free version of this plug-in in 1.7 and recently migrated to 2.1. I downloaded the latest $40 ACRF plug-in to try it out and find I don't need all the cool new stuff in it yet. I just need to receive commands from my (only) 3-week old W800.

I tried to:
    - disable ACRF in HS 2.1.104.0,
    - unregister the latest ocx file,
    - move the file to a backup folder,
    - copy and register version 1.0.10 from this forum

But my log still says I have 24 days left on my ACRF trial, and the setup window looks like the latest one, not the older one I was familiar with in HS 1.7.

What step(s) did I miss?

They are two different plug-ins with two different names. The W800 plug-on was never updated to work on HS 2 (though for some it works) so it isn't in the HS2 updater. You just need to copy the old OCX over.

Jon

Originally posted by johnnyt
    Was using the free version of this plug-in in 1.7 and recently migrated to 2.1. I downloaded the latest $40 ACRF plug-in to try it out and find I don't need all the cool new stuff in it yet. I just need to receive commands from my (only) 3-week old W800.

I tried to:
    - disable ACRF in HS 2.1.104.0,
    - unregister the latest ocx file,
    - move the file to a backup folder,
    - copy and register version 1.0.10 from this forum

But my log still says I have 24 days left on my ACRF trial, and the setup window looks like the latest one, not the older one I was familiar with in HS 1.7.

What step(s) did I miss?
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

There is also one that someone put together for HS2 floating around that is free, but not totally supported as it was built for his specific setup. I think it was Barry Gordon but I am not certain

Comment

I'm still rejoining the group after years of good luck with the original HS, now also with HS 2. My W800 is working fine, but there are caution comments in the startup log. So is the W800 then no longer supported? What is the contemporary replacement for wireless pushbuttons to drive events?

Dave

QUOTE=Oman]They are two different plug-ins with two different names. The W800 plug-on was never updated to work on HS 2 (though for some it works) so it isn't in the HS2 updater. You just need to copy the old OCX over.

Jon[/QUOTE]

Comment

Dave,
          The older free W800 plugin will work and you can ignore the warnings and it works relatively well (for now). The newer replacement plugin is called the ACRF plugin and offers more options as well as support now and in the future.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X