This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ACRF and RFXcom sensor overflow errors

I thought this had been brought up before and fixed but I'm still seeing these error's every now and then.

2/25/2007 2:13:29 PM - AC RF Processor - ***:Error in DecodeRFXSensorCommand - Overflow(6, Obj: hspi_ACRF)
    2/25/2007 2:13:29 PM - AC RF Processor - Writing new ACRF Error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\AC RF Processor Error Report.Log
    2/25/2007 2:13:29 PM - AC RF Processor - ***:Error in DecodeRFXSensorCommand - Overflow(6, Obj: hspi_ACRF)
    2/25/2007 2:13:29 PM - AC RF Processor - Writing new ACRF Error log file - C:\Program Files\HomeSeer 2\Config\AC RF Processor Error Report.Log

I use the RFXCom Temp/Humidity sensors in my setup. They report there data fine most of the time but every now and then I get that overflow error.

Any ideas?
    Bryan
    Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
    Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Techno, I'm getting that as well. (see attached)

It was the reason that I had to reboot HS the other day. As soon as I get one of those messages, I loose all RF communications, and nothing I seem to do (disable/enable) the plugin, power cycle the W800, etc. seems to help.

Only shutdown, open HS itself.

Any comments on what this is, or how to fix this??

--Dan
    Attached Files
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Your's is worse than mine. I just get those lines in the log, everything keeps on going. No other problems. Just annoying to see red in the log.

Hopefully Jon or RFXCom will see this and have some ideas.
      Bryan
      Software/Hardware: Win10 Pro, HS 3 Pro, HS Touch, Echo, Edgeport/4, Z-Net w/88 Devices, Insteon PLM w/19 Devices, Nest, GC-100-6, W800RF32A, WS-2080 Weather Station (KMADRACU10)
      Plug-in/Scripts: Alexa API, BLBackup, BLGData, BLLED, BLLock, BLRF, BLTVGuide, Blue Iris, BLUPS, Current Cost 3P, DirectTV, FitbitSeer, Insteon, Nest, Pushover 3P, Random, Restart, Tasker, UltraGCIR3, UltraWeatherWU, Z-Wave

Comment

You have the option to pop up a message box when there is an error. That's why you get it. Turn it off and you will just get a log entry.

The only reason I've seen the message in the current build is because of a transmitter using the old firmware. The protocols are not compatible. If you think you have up to date transmitters then post the log file and I'll take a look.

Jon

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
        Techno, I'm getting that as well. (see attached)

It was the reason that I had to reboot HS the other day. As soon as I get one of those messages, I loose all RF communications, and nothing I seem to do (disable/enable) the plugin, power cycle the W800, etc. seems to help.

Only shutdown, open HS itself.

Any comments on what this is, or how to fix this??

--Dan
        Jon Ort
        JonOrt@The--Orts.com
        (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

Thanks Jon,

Here is the lastest log zipped up.
          Last edited by TechHA; February 28, 2008, 04:47 PM.
          Bryan

Comment

Originally posted by Oman View Post
            You have the option to pop up a message box when there is an error. That's why you get it. Turn it off and you will just get a log entry.

The only reason I've seen the message in the current build is because of a transmitter using the old firmware. The protocols are not compatible. If you think you have up to date transmitters then post the log file and I'll take a look.

Jon
            Jon,

I actually don't have any RFX devices. I have X10 security devices and normal X10 devices.

Why is it that when this happens it hangs everything? Is it because I have it (apparently) set to pop up a message?

Thanks!

--Dan
            Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Yes, modal message boxes stop everything until they are acknowledged. You want to turn it off.

If you post the log file I can see what data is causing the error.

Jon

Jon,

I actually don't have any RFX devices. I have X10 security devices and normal X10 devices.

Why is it that when this happens it hangs everything? Is it because I have it (apparently) set to pop up a message?

Thanks!

--Dan
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Jon,

I'll keep my eyes out for it again. I actually don't keep many logs (or keep the current one for long). I am not sure if it's why my system is stable now...but....

why try to fix something that's not broke.

However, I'll leave that checkbox checked, and when the system freezes up waiting for me to click "OK" I'll nab the log then,

--Dan

Comment

You don't have to do that... just delete the ACRF Error report file and when it shows up again just email it to me. That way your system won't freeze but I'll still have something to work with.

Jon

Jon,

I'll keep my eyes out for it again. I actually don't keep many logs (or keep the current one for long). I am not sure if it's why my system is stable now...but....

why try to fix something that's not broke.

However, I'll leave that checkbox checked, and when the system freezes up waiting for me to click "OK" I'll nab the log then,

--Dan
                  Jon Ort
                  JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Can I just send you the ACRF error report file (didn't know it existed)?

--Dan

Comment

Yes. Send your ACRF ini file too.

Jon

Can I just send you the ACRF error report file (didn't know it existed)?

--Dan
                      Jon Ort
                      JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Did you guys ever solved this problem??
                        I just started getting these "overflow" errors as well.

Thanks
                        Marty

Comment

I've been getting them from time to time as well. I just haven't seen any consistency of events or sensor triggers to determine why its occuring. I'm glad that Rupp pointed out the check box to disable the pop up error messages. Once I would get a pop up, the Doomotion triggers would stop working until I went to the server to hit the OK button. Then everything would work again!
                          -Todd

____________________________________________________________ ________________
                          HS2Pro: 2.5.0.81 :: HS3Pro (beta) || Plugins:| SmartHome PowerLinc USB, Global Cache, BLBackup, DooCPU Monitor, DooMotion, BLOutlook, BLIcon, BLOutgoingCalls, OutgoingCalls, ROC-Rnd, HSTouch iPhone, UPS Monitor, DooMenuBar, BLSpeech, HSTouch Server, WAF AB8SS, mcsTemperature, VWS, BLChart, RFXCOM, ISY Insteon, iAutomate RFID, iTunes, NetCAM, DSC Security, Nest

Comment

I had completly forgotten about this.

I can't even remember if I sent the error and .ini file in. I am pretty sure I did, but ever since I unchecked the box, I haven't had an issue...well not one that "froze" my system.

--Dan

Comment

Well, so far i didn't notice any visible problems. Only the error in log.

Jon, could you chime in?

Marty

Comment

Working...
                              X