This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W800 Install Snag

I have the HS AC-RF2 Plug-in and the W800 serial version.

I checked Windows Device Manager and it reports three serial ports, the one built-in and the two on a PCI card. Com1 (built-in) is the Z-troller, Com3 (PCI) is the ACT TI-103, and Com5 is open. I tried setting up the W800 on Com5 (PCI) and testing it with Motion Sensor and PalmPad with no success.

I download the W800RF32A.demo and tried Com1 thru 7 plus 64; but then read here that it won't run with HS running. I shut down HS and tried what appears from WinDevice Manager and HS 2+ the only Com port open Com5; it didn't work. So I swapped the z-troller and W800. W800 worked on Com1; Z-troller didn't work on Com5. Should I just give up and by a generic USB-Serial cable? That will bring cost up to the USB version of the W800.

Help...

PS I decided to remove the TI-103 and the three "legacy" X10 devices and replace them with DS10A's and W800 on Com3. I just checked and it works; for whatever reason nothing works on the second serial port on the PCI card.
    Last edited by ; April 10, 2009, 12:53 AM. Reason: Discoverd another "fix".

You may want to get back in Win Systems Hardware page and check the PROPERTIES (right-click) for COM3. Under the GENERAL tab, be sure it says to "use this device". I have seen some computers that have this setting set to "do not use this device (disable)". It is rare, but it does happen.

Comment

Working...
    X