This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W800 RF Dead?

i just upgraded to a new Windows 8 computer. I installed HS3, copied the whole HS3 directory, and everything is working except the old USB to Serial 2 port converter box. I never could get the Prolific software to work, so I upgraded that to two new Trendnet USB to Serial units. I installed the Trendnet software and plugged the two Trendnet converters in(one for TI-103, one for W800 RF). Device Manager shows Com 3 and Com 6 working OK. The TI-103 on Com 3 works, the W800 RF on Com 6 does not receive signals. The HS3 log shows both devices connect OK, and the X10 and the BLRF Plugins show OK. No W800 signals show up in the log. And, YES, I have power cycled the W800 several times. I even swapped the two new Trandnet USB to Serial, and same result. Is there some trick to get two Trandnet units working together? My best guess is the W800 has died after about 5 years. It's power supply is slightly warm, but the little electronics box that connects to the antenna is cold as a rock. Any ideas?

Originally posted by prnorton View Post
    My best guess is the W800 has died after about 5 years. It's power supply is slightly warm, but the little electronics box that connects to the antenna is cold as a rock. Any ideas?
    Hi Phil,

My working W800 is pretty cold too, so not sure if that's a good indication. There was a recent thread by another user. Some things in there may give you some ideas. His ended up being dead and had to get it replaced.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

UPDATE - Received my new W800+ today. Connected it up, and everything now works as before. I guess the old W800 died after serving well for a number of years.

Comment

Working...
      X