X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Switching speed again

Hey,
    I have a SCM-810 for VR with multiple microphones. This thing basically will let one microphone be on at one time. It switches to the one being spoken into. On the back is a DB connector that outputs which mike is being used. This can be hooked up to a IO controller (Ocelot /SECU16 in my case) to determine what mike is open.

I want to be able to use this mike to have HS switch the speaker to that open mike. I have seen it done via a relay controller and a standard impedance matching speaker switcher. However, this thing AB8SS looks like a better fit. I am concerned however about the switching time. Has oneone else used this thing in similar ways?
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

wpiman,

Changing the status of the relays is usually sub-second. Recently, the AB8SS plug-in was enhanced to allow you to set all the speakers in a single pass (single script command) to a pattern of on/off states, rather than one-by-one.

If you're not planning on controlling the AB8SS by script, you can send X-10 commands to turn on/off individual speakers (or all on/off), but those will take about a second or so apiece to send. You also have the option of IR control, but I don't know the timing considerations there.

Best wishes,

--David

Comment

Hmmmm... the IR thing could work since it is an Ocelot/SECU16 that will be getting the feedback. It could be done without HS even knowing. Now- if I just knew how to use CMAX.
      HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
      Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
      weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

Working...
      X