X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I use this amplifier?

Hello guys.
    I just received my AB8SS yesterday from Ray. I was wondering if this amplifier

http://www.elkproducts.com/products/elk-800.htm

would work with it. It would be just for Homeseer TTS and probably 5-6 these speakers

http://www.elkproducts.com/products/elk-73.htm

Also I was little surprised with those connectors for speakers. Could you guys tell me where to get them? I checked the Radio Shack and couldn't find them.

Thanks

Martin

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    Also I was little surprised with those connectors for speakers. Could you guys tell me where to get them? I checked the Radio Shack and couldn't find them.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't they look like the pictures on the web site?

Aren't the connectors just screw terminals? You should be able to just stick the wires in and tighten the screw that clamps the wire into place.

Some terminal blocks are pluggable - a socket sits on the board and the screw terminals plug into them. Is this the case and are these missing? I would assume they'd be provided with the switch.

You can get these from places like digikey and mouser but I really think they should have been included.

Comment

I have one of the AB8SS as well and the amp and speakers you are asking about are the exact ones that I am using.
      Works great.
      --
      Jeff Farmer
      HS 3, HSPhone
      My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
      Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

Smee,
        Unfortunately they are different (here my surprise ).
        They are pin connectors and they require the female part that has screw terminals in.

Jeff,
        Thanks for the confirmation. I can't wait to try to hook everything up.

Marty.

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
          Also I was little surprised with those connectors for speakers. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
          When I got mine Ray forgot the adapters. You might drop him a note and see what's up....

Don
          Don

Comment

I really can't imagine that leaving them out is intentional. While they are pretty standard, they aren't something that you can pick up anywhere (and they aren't particularly cheap).

Comment

Don,
              Thanks for letting me know.
              I just sent Ray an eamil so we will see.

Marty

Comment

Ray replied right away and he will be sending me those missing plugs today.

Thanks guys!

Marty

Comment

I need to get a better balance of audio output between the homeseer computer annoucements and the tuner that I listen to through the WAF-AB8SS. I would need to boost the sign between the computer and the reciever as I use the input switch on the reciever (tuner/aux)instead of the a/b switch on the WAF-AB8SS. Would the elk-800 work for this or is this too much amplification? I may on occasion play mp3's from the computer which the elk-800 may not be able to run for that long of a time frame.
                  John

Comment

Working...
                  X