Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the AB8SS work like a niles speaker selector?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does the AB8SS work like a niles speaker selector?

I have a Niles ss-6 and its full. I'm looking to connect 2 more sets of speakers thus this question. Does this device offer Automatic Impedance matching?
    My current setup is simply a receiver feeding 6 sets of speakers through the Niles SS6. This device offers Impedance matching so I do not have to use impedance matching volume controls. Can I simply substitute this device for my SS6 and get 2 more outlets and control to boot?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Hey, Rupp.

It does offer amplifier protection. I think Ray has the details on his web site (www.hacs.com).

--David

Comment

Thanks David. Do you use impedance matching volume controls in addition to the AB8SS's built in matching? Is this necessary? Does it not hurt to double impedance match? Sorry for so many questions. Greg
      -Rupp
      sigpic

Comment

Greg,

You are the *last* person who should ever apologize for asking a question. I do use some cheapie (you know that's my style) volume controls. The most recent of which I got from Worthington for about $20. I don't believe there's an issue with doubling up the impedance matching--at the very least, I haven't encountered any difficulties, after three and a half years of use.

--David (PepsiBoy)

Comment

David,
          Were running neck and neck on being cheap. I'm all about getting a good deal. Hey you can't be too cheap to have one of these.

Teach the world to sing .... Coke is the real thing.
          -Rupp
          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I'm all about getting a good deal. That sounds nicer than, "I'm a cheap Scot." Gotta remember that one the next time Tinkles dings me for being tight.

Actually, I got my first unit when Ray was selling them as beta units for the cost of the parts. Cha-ching!

Pepsi: You got the right one baby. Uh, huh!

--David

Comment

oh God! The war starts again!
              Don

Comment

What <subliminal> COKE</subliminal> war?
                -Rupp
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X