This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only working on Com 1

My AB8SS only wants to work on com 1. I have the WAFCID which also wants to only work on com 1. My WGL Designs W800 RF Receiver will work on Com 1,3 & 4. Com 2 is on the motherboard and I do not have the correct header for it. My com 3&4 are an inexpensive pci board could this be the problem? But why would the W800RF work OK on 3 & 4? I need to get the CID or the AB8SS working on a com port other than 1. I will probably be getting the byteruner pci/serial 4 port card, will this fix my problem?
    John

johnnybwis,
    What OS are you running?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

XP Pro
      John

Comment

The addon card should work on the AB8SS. I use a cheapy CompUSA add on com port card and it works with every device I have ever thrown at it. The ByteRunner card is a very good card and should work as well. Have you verified the port settings on the add on card to be sure they match the settings on the on board card?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

I have my AB8SS plugged into COM4 on a two port byterunner card and it works fine. Like Rupp suggested, check the port settings on the addon card.

Bill

Comment

Tried and re-tried just will not work on that pci card. I will need more ports anyway so I will order the byterunner.
            John

Comment

Byterunner card did the trick
              John

Comment

Working...
              X