X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the plugin, getting an error

Hi,

I have just set up my AB8SS to my PC and amp and only have one set of speakers connected at present.

I wanted to add the turning on/off to my good night and good morning routines, so I created a scene as per the read me, all good appears in my .ini file, but when I call the scene from a script I get the following error.

04/05/2005 23:10:34~!~AB8SS Plug-in Diagnostic~!~Error 13 (Type mismatch) in procedure SetSpeakerScene of User Control hspi

The command I'm using is

'Turn Off Speakers
    hs.plugin("WAF AB8SS").SetSpeakerScene("Nighttime")

or

'Turn On Speakers
    hs.plugin("WAF AB8SS").SetSpeakerScene("Daytime")

both get the same error in the log, it does however turn the speakers on or off depending, but I just get this error, what have I done wrong?

Thanks
    Lance

Hi, Lance.

Would you mind posting the info from your INI file so I can take a peek? A type mismatch error occurs when a function/variable is expecting one type of data (e.g. numeric) but is presented with another (e.g. string). I'm not sure what could be causing the error, but you INI file contents may provide some insight. Glad to hear that it is otherwise working, however.

Best wishes,

--David

Comment

I get this error also. I posted back in Jan. Doesnt seem to cause me any problems though.
      John

Comment

David - Sorry for late reply but have been banned from Automation this weekend!!

Anyway managed to squeeze a few minutes in, the two lines in my .ini are below

Nighttime=00000000A
        Daytime=10000000A

Is that all you needed?

Thanks
        Lance

Comment

Hi, Lance.

Thanks for the post. I was wondering if the string in the INI file had somehow been corrupted, but it looks fine. Guys, I am just mystified about this at the moment. I'm glad that the error message does not affect functionality.

--David

Comment

David,

Just so you know, I'm getting the same error message in the log, but like the other posters, it still seems to work as advertised.

I don't get any errors using SetSpeakerPattern
            Regards, Bob

Comment

Working...
            X