This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New error message

I have started getting this error in the log. I seem to be able to control the switch, but my events won't execute until I remove the plugin.

3/18/2006 1:23:07 PM~!~AB8SS Plug-in Diagnostic~!~Error 5 (Invalid procedure call or argument) in procedure SetIO of User Control hspi

3/18/2006 1:23:07 PM~!~mcsMusic~!~SetIO Line 30 Type mismatch

Once I have removed the WAF-8B8ss plugin the mcsmusic error also stops showing up. ?????

Gardner

I still need help with this. I have tried removing the plugin and all related information in the settings.ini file. Then I installed from scratch. The error still persists. Whatever it is doing results in events not executing. I have to remove the plugin and re-boot to recover.

David, are you out there?

I found a similar report back in december, from the sound of it there may not be a solution. Too bad, it has worked fine up until this point.

Gardner
    Last edited by gcyeaw; March 19, 2006, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Hi, Gardner.

I'm sorry for the delay. I've been doing a lot of work for my church's building campaign which will keep me from being a regular on the MB until mid April. What version of HS are you using at present? Does mcsMusic attempt to control the AB8SS directly? It sounds as if something (can't determine) is attempting to change the speaker relays, and it's passing the wrong type of data to the SetIO function. (e.g. the SetIO function may require a string to be passed to it for the command, but instead an integer is being sent.) If mcsMusic is not present, does the AB8SS plug-in operate as expected?

Best wishes to you,

--David

Comment

David,
        I am on Homeseer 1.7.44. Even with mcsmusic removed the problem exists. I was wrong in my initial data gathering. Michael McSharry put a debug into mcsmusic to capture the error, but mcsmusic stopped failiing.

I have been using the AB8SS plugin for several months without being aware of a problem. I did, however, ocasionally find the TTS events stopped running. I would reboot and they were good for weeks after that. I now suspect this problem has been ocurring ocasionally and now has become constant. As soon as I get the error TTS plugins stop working. I found an earlier thread which described the same situation.

Is there a way to add a debug or two to perhaps find out what is being passed? If we can figure that out it might point to the culpret. I have been removing plugins and testing, but so far nothing helps.

Thanks, Gardner Yeaw.

Comment

Hi, Gardner.

When I'm back from my church work hiatus, I'll be glad to put some more debug statements in to see if the error condition can be narrowed down a bit more. I have to say that I don't know what the possible connection with TTS functionality might be. The AB8SS plug-in doesn't have any TTS functionality (or calls) at all.

Thanks for your patience!

--David

Comment

Here is a previous link to the same problem I had a while ago.

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=108488

I ended up removing the serial connection and replacing it with an X10 connection.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,
              I found that in my research. I would really like to retain the serial connection if possable. Thanks.
              Gardner

Comment

David,
                Glad you are back. I still have this problem so if you have any suggestions or debug procedures it would be appreciated.
                Gardner

Comment

Serial vs X10

Yes the serial interface to HS worked much better than the X10. I would like it back if possible. I get some odd results sometimes using the X10 interface. David mentioned a while ago about removing these types of messages and migrating to HSII. I am current testing HSII on another box and haven't moved HSII into "production" and would like to still use the WAF-AB8SS serially with my HSV1.744.
                  - Pete

Auto mator
                  Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                  Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
                  HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
                  HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

David,
                    Are you out there?????

Gardner

Comment

Hi, Gardner.

Sorry for the delay. I'm back from camping with #2 son. Got sick, now I'm home from work. Someone PLEASE tell me why camping is fun.

Let me see if I can put in some extra debug statements for you and see if we can narrow anything down.

--David

Comment

David,
                        Thanks.. Hope you feel better.

Last time I went camping, hiking with my kids it was in the hills of North Carolina. The rest of the troop leaders were checking their cell phone signals because they were pretty sure I was going to have a coronary. Then it rained, the trek crossed a river at least 8 times, my sleeping bag got soaked, on the last night and so did I.

Isn't it great fun?

Gardner

Comment

Gardner,

You made me laugh pretty hard with your camping story. Mine wasn't nearly as exciting as that, but I did learn that I live in a nice area, for when I was about 5 miles from home, I had to pull over to the side of the road and--errr--"yawn" again. After the yawn, I was laying on the grass exhausted and some fellow pulled up to check to see if I was OK. Where I grew up (closer to DC), if we saw someone laying on the side of the road, you did not make eye contact, and just assumed he was a wino!

Pete,

Gardner and I have been working on this issue offline and are coming to the conclusion that MCS Temp is playing a role in all of this. Do you, perchance, happen to use that plug-in as well?

--David (feeling a little better, and thanks for the well wishes!)

Comment

David,
                            Michael is pointing to the .interface device value which should point to the intended plugin. I need to go through all of my MCStemp and *b*ss devices to check. Michael has a utility to do this, but so far I haven't been able to find it. It now makes some sense that ont of the devices may have been corrupted when I was nstalling the weather station. I must have reser and rebooted the Tempo8, MCStemp, and HOmeseer about 50 times till I got it working. It is a pretty good chance that I will find the guilty party.

Yes, Pete had the same hardware and plugin probably has the same issue.

I will keep you informed.

Thanks, Gardner

Comment

Well, I can't find any devices erroneously set to Waf 8B8SS, and I made sure any devices associated with MCS Temperature had the correct .interface value.

I am back to the start, wondering how to catch the culpret. I haven't totally given up on this track, but it isn't as clear cut as I had hoped.

It is definitely related to the Temp08..at least to having it connected.

Gardner

Comment

Working...
                              X