Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel like taking the plunge and going to 2.x with a fresh install???? Yeah, I know.

Comment

Not enough hours free to go there. Weather is too nice, gotta go to my daughters graduation from her masters program, then off th Texas for business, and maybe finish making and staining the trim for the kitchen.
      But no camping.

Maybe I can do it on an ol PC, but then I still have a time limit on the licences.

Gardner

Comment

David,
        I have the new code load installed (1.2.0.3). Now the error no longer causes my TTS to stop working.

I have been trying to discover the faulty device code that is causing the error, and in doing so it stopped failing.

Since it was related to the Temp08, I erased all the devices and then reset the Temp08. I added the devices one at a time and everythihng worked with no error messages. I did it again only I connected everything at once and it still worked. I know I have cleared and reloaded the Temo08 at least 50 times before and the error always returned.

Anyway, for now everything is fixed. If the error returns it won't harm anything so it looks lik it's time to go and fina another problem.

Thanks,
        Gardner.

Comment

Gardner,
          What's the easiest non invasive way to remove all of the Temp08 devices and re-install them? I am not too concerned about the DB at this time - just the error message.
          - Pete

Auto mator
          Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
          Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
          HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
          HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,

The first thing I did was to shut down Homeseer and edit the MCSTemperature ini file to remove what looked like bad entries. Here is the list, I haven't heard back form Michael if any of them could have been the problem, but when I restarted Homeseer the bug was still there.

Entries removed: from the [DEVICES] entry. (note this is an exact copy, the "deleted" was part of the entry and pointed to sensors that I had previously deleted. I don't know what the ="0,,0,0" was, but it seemed wrong.

=",0,,0,0"
            6B00000001126120A=""
            AB000000017D4E1DR="deleted"
            AB000000017D4E1DE="deleted"
            FC00000007EA171DN="deleted"
            FC00000007EA171DC="deleted"
            AB000000017D4E1DN="deleted"
            AB000000017D4E1DC="deleted"

I clicked on the MCSTemperature General Setup. That brings up two screens, one of which is the 1-wire monitor. First I did selected 'DIS', display all sensors, and did a copy paste into notepad so I had a starting point. Some of the sensors require you to identify what type they are when you do the 'INI' below. This list will help. Then I disconnected the 1-wire buss from the Temp08. In the 1-wire monitor I selected 'ERA' , delete all sensors. You need to reply with a 'y' when asked to confirm. Then I selected 'ZZZ', soft reset the processor. That clears all the sensors from the Temo08.

After that I shut down and restarted Homeseer. I don't know if that was necessary, but you never know. Then I reconnected the 1-wire bus but with only some of the sensors attached. I brought up the 1-wire monitor and selected 'INI', search for new sensors. I kept checking the Homeseer log to see if the error returned. For what ever reason, it didn't this time. I then added the remaining devices and did the 'INI' again. The error didn't return.

That was it. I deleted the deviced agin and did an INI with everything connected and it still worked.

Gardner.

Comment

Thanks Gardner - I have a "few" 1-wire devices connected to my Temp08. The combo of the AAG Weather station, rain bucket and lightning sensors always gives me problems when I delete them and reenter them in the Temp08. The temperature and temperature humidity sensors usually are seen right away by the Temp08 module. So a quick recap step by step:

1 - shut down HS
              2 - edit / clean bad entries from mcsTemperature INI file
              3 - clip and copy of all Temp08 devices
              4 - Temp08==> ERA (to cold reset and delete all devices from Temp08)
              5 - Temp08==> ZZZ (to warm boot Temp08)

Wondering if next steps could be done directly with com communications to Temp08.

With the devices mentioned above (AAG Weather station, Rain tipping bucket and Lightning sensors) I get duplicate devices so I have to manually remove them and manually add them. This is easier to do with a terminal session to the Temp08.

6 - Temp08==> INI (this is where I have to make adjustments manually after what I see that the Temp08 module brings up).
              7 - Bring up HS with mcsTemperature plugin - which will use same variables as previously defined on sensors' pages??

Did u delete your mcsTemperature database?
              - Pete

Auto mator
              Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
              Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Pete,
                No, I did not delete the MCSTemperature data base. Yes, it is a pain to keep reseting the sensor types in the Temp08. I did, however, forget to reset the Eprom parameters in the Temp08 to allow the wind direction sensor to display correctly. For my installation I used the following, but read the manual first.
                http://www.midondesign.com/TEMP08/P04Instructions.html

>EEP FF
                FF FF 07
                Enter
                FF27<cr> Where X is a value derived from the table in the temo08 manual
                >DIS

You are probably much better off using a terminal rather than the 1-wire display from MCSTemperature to get the Temp08 setup, that way you don't get extra devices popping up in MCSTemperature.

Gardner

Comment

Gardner,
                  Thanks for your help with this endeavor, it was much appreciated!
                  - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                  X