Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just bought this plugin and assumed it was supported. I wonder if I can get a refund from HST?
    HS3 Prod - Win10 - DSC - HVAC-GC-TBZ48 x3 - CurrentCost - BLRadar - RFXCOM/FRXTRX433 -ADIO - HSTOUCH - BLUPS - AB8SS - SONOS - Alexa - 1 wire - BlueIris -MyQ

Comment

Please, I am not trying to take anything from the WAF-AB8SS plugin, it works great. I just built a new one in my frustration to get one that was .NET2 compliant, and in that process I will offer it and other plugins for sale through the updater.
      -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
      VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
      Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post
        Not being rude, but the original post here was nearly a year ago... To me 12 months equals giving up. I have seen this before with paid plugins, unfortunately... I think we have all been patient (and polite) and unfortunately that doesnt get us much anywhere...

David, maybe its time to make this plugin open source and let us run with the development?
        Maybe David doesn't see the need. I personally wouldn't rewrite a plugin that works perfectly just for the heck of it.
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          Maybe David doesn't see the need. I personally wouldn't rewrite a plugin that works perfectly just for the heck of it.
          Rupp, If that's the case, then I am really irked as that wasnt what was relayed to us.

I have said this in other forums relating to other plugins before... Free plugins are fine if they have issues that "arent resolved", or the developer decides to abandon it, but when you "Pay" for a plugin you do expect support/development of the plugins to continue to work well with current and future hs releases.

Although the plugin works, many of us recieve errors each time the speakers are switched (noted in a different thread). So in our case, it really doesnt work 100%. The other .net benefits dont need explanation...
          HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Rupp,

I wouldn't say it works perfectly, it works.

After upgrading to 2.x, the AB8SS plugin sometimes does not turn on or turn off the correct speakers for me.

It happens very rare, but I have watched the log when it has happened and the plugin does generate an error.

It just hasn't been a big problem for me, so I have just been waiting.
            I have thought about writing a script to control the AB8SS but just haven't had the time yet.

StevenE
            Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

Originally posted by stevene View Post
              Rupp,

I wouldn't say it works perfectly, it works.

After upgrading to 2.x, the AB8SS plugin sometimes does not turn on or turn off the correct speakers for me.

It happens very rare, but I have watched the log when it has happened and the plugin does generate an error.

It just hasn't been a big problem for me, so I have just been waiting.
              I have thought about writing a script to control the AB8SS but just haven't had the time yet.

StevenE
              Same here. I bought this plugin when it was cheap. I think it was like 10 bucks. so its not a big deal to me. It would be if I paid the H/S structured price. But thats a whole nother matter.
              John

Comment

Can one of you post one of the errors you are getting please.
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

AB8SS Plug-in Diagnostic Error 13 (Type mismatch) in procedure SetSpeakerScene of User Control hspi

To be fair I think I only get the error when running this script.

sub main()
                  Dim sprior

sprior=hs.plugin("WAF AB8SS").GetSpeakerPattern
                  s = hs.plugin("WAF AB8SS").SaveSpeakerScene("StateBeforeAction",cstr(sprior))
                  s = hs.plugin("WAF AB8SS").SetSpeakerPattern("01111111B")
                  hs.PlayWavFile "motionbeep.wav"
                  s = hs.plugin("WAF AB8SS").SetSpeakerScene("StateBeforeAction")
                  end sub
                  John

Comment

I use the AB8SS plugin now for about 8 month.
                    First on my XP machine and now on my Vista with HS V2.2.0.3
                    I haven't seen any error since i use it.
                    Works perfect for me.

Regards,
                    Antoon

Comment

3/19/2007 7:20:43 PM AB8SS Plug-in Diagnostic Error 13 (Type mismatch) in procedure SetSpeakerScene of User Control hspi

3/22/2007 6:40:17 AM ~!~AB8SS Plug-in Diagnostic~!~Error 13 (Type mismatch) in procedure parse_relay_status of User Control hspi

Usually with this line in a script.

hs.plugin("WAF AB8SS").SetSpeakerPattern(spstatus).

StevenE

Comment

Originally posted by johnnybwis View Post
                        Same here. I bought this plugin when it was cheap. I think it was like 10 bucks. so its not a big deal to me. It would be if I paid the H/S structured price. But thats a whole nother matter.
                        I can't complain either, it has worked with HS 1.X for years. It was a steal at $9.99.

StevenE

Comment

Lpitman, could you let us know when your plugin will be in the updater? I too have been waiting for a .net2 version.

The issue here isn't what errors you are getting, but that it is a com plugin. HS decided to move to the .net architecture, obvously for many reasons.

The problem here is not any one plugin authors fault, but there are other authors who aren't willing to upgrade their plugins because "it works fine" but the user is stuck with several com plugins that work well individually but cumlatively create problems and become the weakest link.

So i don't think the issues is "what errors are you getting" the issue is the plugin needs to be brought current, or other options need to be made available

Jack
                          Over The Hill
                          What Hill?
                          Where?
                          When?
                          I Don't Remember Any Hill

Virtualized Server 2k3 Ent X86 Guest on VMWare ESXi 4.1 with 3 SunRay thin clients as access points - HSPro 2.4.0.48 - ZTroller - ACRF2 (3 WGL 800's) - iAutomate RFID - Ledam - MLHSPlugin - Ultra1wire - RainRelay8 - TI103 - Ultramon - WAF-AB8SS - jvESS (11 zones) - Bitwise Controls BC4 - with 745 Total Devices - 550 Events - 104 scripts - 78 ZWave devices - 42 X10 devices - 76 DS10a's 3 RFXSenors and 32 Motion Sensors

Comment

???????????

David,
                            Are you still on this board???
                            This was going on and off for over a year now!

Thanks
                            Marty

Comment

Working...
                            X