This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can your plug-in do this?

I was wondering if your plug-in can do this?

So here's the senario. Music playing in two rooms and someone rings the door bell. Itunes will pause the music and play the doorbell. I would want the ab8ss to switch on all the speakers in the house but not the two sets that are outdoors for the doorbell (or other announcement) but switch back to the original two rooms when the music gets resumed all the while managing the volume issues that would arise from the different speaker combinations that would pop up.

yes...i think. questions: what are you using for connecting your door bell to the HA system? What are you using to provide sound out of the speakers, and how are you controlling it (home stereo amp, with IR control, for instance).

Ian
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I'm have a ds10 hooked up to my doorbell wires. I then have an event set to play a wav. file when the devices status changes. I'm just using an old av receiver to power the speakers in the house. I just leave it on all the time so there's nothing to control.

Comment

If you have no way to control the volume of the receiver, you'll have to accomodate for the volume affect via the system volume. This can be done either via script or event. There lots of people that have written some script snippets for the WAF ab8ss plugin, but there are also reports of using the script function of the plugin causing some problems with current versions of hs 2.2.xx, so events may be the way to go. i'll give you some specific suggestions after the bible study i'm leading right now
        Plugins:
        BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I guess the person who wrote this plugin doesn't check in very often? It been over 2 weeks and no response to my question.

Comment

David (the guy who wrote the plugin) has been preoccupied with a few other time intensive things for the last 6 months or so. I'm fairly certain he does not monitor the board much these days. Have you tried sending him a PM?
            Plugins:

Comment

Working...
            X