This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NetCallerID

I ran the install, restarted homeseer, placed the code in both the startup and shutdown scripts. Now what? Where do I put the script and which one? I am trying to use it with Homeseer Phone. Can you tell me how I can read the caller id from the NetcallerID? Do I need to change the configuration in Homeseer phone? Also, are you familiar with the cid asp page? Will it still work? I have not gotten this thing to work yet. Please help. I have read the instructions but do not understand how to get the cid and act on it. Do not know where to place the WAF scripts.

Good morning, Jeff.

If you used the Updater to install the scripts, then everything should've been installed in its proper place, that being:

waf-netcallerid.vbh in ...\scripts
    WAF-NetCallerID-Sample-CID-Processing.vbs in ..\scripts
    WAF-NetCallerID-Phone-List.txt in ..\DATA\WAF-NetCallerID
    waf-NetCallerID.ini in ...\config
    WAF_NetCallerID.chm in ...\help
    waf_netcallerid_readme.txt in ...\doc

Please let me know if it was not installed properly, and we can bring it up to Rich/Rick as an Updater issue.

If you use the Updater to install the script, it should trigger a routine named hs_install in waf-netcallerid.vbh. (You can call this directly from an event, if you'd like.) If you have left unchecked the setting "Scripts cannot display dialogs", then you will be prompted for various configuration settings, such as what COM port the NCID is attached to, whether you are using HSP, if your CID name comes with last name first, etc. After that, a simple restart of HS should get you up and running. It will send the CID data directly into HSP for processing, as if it had come from your primary telephony device. (This is how I use it with a W2C Hi-Phone.) So, as a first check, make sure that "scripts cannot display dialogs" is NOT checked in your settings, then run the Updater again.

I am afraid I am not familiar with the CID ASP page. I would imagine that it would work, as the NCID/HSP combination processes CID in a "standard" way. Please take a look in your HS log file for entries made by the script. It will log the raw CID name, number and date there, if it is operating correctly.

Please let me know if you need further assistance,

--David

Comment

Thanks for your reply on the message board in regards to NetCallerID. Originally I was going to use your product with Homeseer phone but have decided to bypass it all together and use your product stand alone. I have installed it and I think everything is installed correctly. I have the following questions:

1) How can I send an email based on caller id info? I know that when you use HSP (which I don't want to), you can pick from a list such as "when callerid available" or "ringing" etc.

2) How would I speak the caller id info and pop up a msg box?

I just can't figure out how to set that up.

Comment

Hi, Jeff.

I hope the script meets all of your needs. Please let me know if you'd like it to do anything else.

Here are a couple of bits of air code I just wrote. Please don't shoot me if they don't work properly. I'll add the E-mail one as another sample to the custom script included with the package, as I think you posed an excellent question.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
        1) How can I send an email based on caller id info? I know that when you use HSP (which I don't want to), you can pick from a list such as "when callerid available" or "ringing" etc.
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
        '--------------------------------------------
        ' Example 4: E-mail the CID Info. Using custom
        ' announcement name, if the
        ' Example 3 code above is active,
        ' and a match is found, otherwise
        ' send TelCo provided information.
        ' Customize To and From E-mail
        ' addresses below.
        Dim s_to_email_address
        Dim s_from_email_address
        Dim s_email_subject
        Dim s_email_body

s_to_email_address = "joe@schmoe.com"
        s_from_email_address = "joe@schmoe.com"
        s_email_subject = "Someone just called!"

' Create the message body
        If s_phone_list_name &lt;&gt; "" Then
        s_email_body = "Call from: " & s_phone_list_name
        Else
        s_email_body = "Call from: " & s_ncid_name
        End If
        s_email_body = s_email_body & vbcr & "Phone number: " & s_ncid_number & vbcr & "Date: " & s_ncid_date

' Send the E-mail message
        hs.SendEmail s_to_email_address, s_from_email_address, s_email_subject, s_email_body
        </pre>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
        2) How would I speak the caller id info and pop up a msg box?
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Well, if you want to speak what the TelCo has sent in the Caller ID, then look at Example 1 in the script and use "hs.speak". Here's what is in Example 1:

' Example 1: Announce name supplied by the
        ' NetCallerID unit.
        hs.Speak "Call from " & s_ncid_name
        </pre>

To get a msgbox to pop up on the screen, you would use the VBScript msgbox command like this:

Msgbox "Call from " & s_ncid_name
        </pre>

But, be aware that your script will not continue processing until you dismiss that msgbox.

Hope that helps!

--David

Comment

Installing Second Netcid

Thanks for the script update.
          A couple of things.

Quick install directions:

1- Put the script in the script directory
          2- Create a temporary event, call it something like WAFNETCID2 INSTALL
          3- In the event properties / [Scripts/Speech] / Scripts, put in &HS.RUNEX "WAF-NetCallerID2.vbh" , "hs_install" ," "
          4- In the HomeSeer options to uncheck the setting "Scripts cannot display dialogs"
          5- Run the event you created in step 2.
          6- Follow the instructions
          7- Put in your startup.txt file somewhere in the middle
          i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID2.vbh","open_ncid","")
          (----NOTE TO DAVID, I think it is still prompting for you to fill in the old script name)
          8- Put in your shutdown.txt file somewhere in the middle
          i_ret = hs.RunEx("WAF-NetCallerID2.vbh","open_ncid","")
          (----NOTE TO DAVID, I think it is still prompting for you to fill in the old script name)
          9- Shut down HomeSeer
          10- Edit your WAF-NetCallerID2.ini file.
          Change your entries to the following:
          InstallDone=True
          i_com_port_resource=4 <--- Or whatever comm por you are using
          (----NOTE TO DAVID, I think on mine it didn't fill in a value here. It was causing script errors until I filled in a value here)
          11- Restart HomeSeer, look for errors in the log and test each line.
          12- Put back any changes you made in step 4 above.

David, please correct anything if I have misled people in this.

The second line is working great, thank you!

~Bill

Comment

I see it erased my entry after I got it going:

i_com_port_resource=

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the pop-up at the end of the NetCID line 2 install:
            Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Brower
              I see it erased my entry after I got it going:

i_com_port_resource=

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the pop-up at the end of the NetCID line 2 install:
              It appears if you get the following log error:

12/10/2004 9:35:24 PM~!~Error~!~Script error in file: WAF-NetCallerID2.vbh: 13:Type mismatch: 'cint' in line 325

That the i_com_port_resource line has a blank.

~Bill

Comment

Bill,

Thanks for the great installation instructions. I'll update the package with them. I'll also look into the issues you pointed out. THANK YOU!

--David

Comment

Working...
                X