• Time
  • Show
Clear All

YAC support

Is anyone usinsg the plugin with YAC?

John

http://www.sunflowerhead.com/software/yac/
    John

This looks cool - it should be real easy to interface into HS. And we'd get the benefit of safe inter-network messaging.

I have the source off the sight and with play with it over the next few weeks. But I hope someone else will do the work so I can play with otherthings.

Bruce
    Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Barry Gordon has just such a plug-in.

Just search this board for CallerID since you cannot search on 3-letter words like YAC and CID.

Hope this helps
      JCT

Comment

I saw that but I doubt that it works 'with' the WAFNetcallerID plugin. Any chance we could get the plugins to share commonality in functions? I already paid for the WAF plugin and have it running. I just would like to be able to send the info to a YAC client. The Audreyserver seems to be hit and miss sending out to SentryCID on my PC's and I no longer have any Audreys.

Also does anyone have a script that saves the CID info in a stand alone file from WAFNetcallerID?

John
        John

Comment

Let me paraphrase your request so I'm sure I understand what your asking.

Normally with YAC you have a server on the PC that is connected to the actual CID device. The YAC server send CID info to all the YAC listeners on the network. What you want is to keep the WAF NetCallerID plugin to talk to the NetCID device - but have the WAF NetCID plugin send the CID info out to the YAC listeners ?

I have a NetCID but haven't hooked it up yet - too many other things cooking at the moment. But this doesn't sound terrible hard. In essence you would make a HS plugin that duplicates the YAC SendText function. The YAC plugin would accept data from a script and send it out to the listeners. The YAC listeners would be the same software as currently used - the only new code would be a YAC TextSend plugin.

The plugin would probably have 2 main functions:
          SendCID and SendText as CID info has special formating needs - might even be able to do it in a script and not need a plugin - as we could use YACsendtext exe that is already in pkg - the script would just have to run it as an external program.

I hope that makes sense.
          Bruce

"The universal answer is 42."

Comment

Yep thats it. The script might work as WAFNetcallerID executes a VBS file so it could be stucj there. I didn't realize there was an EXE to broadcast the CID info out.

John
            John

Comment

Hey, John,

It looks as if the YACTextSend program will do the trick for you. If you place the executable in the same location as the script, I imagine something close to the following air code might work for you:

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
              Function process_ncid_data(what_parameters)

Dim s_paramaters
              Dim s_ncid_date
              Dim s_ncid_name
              Dim s_ncid_number
              dim i
              dim s_yac_msg

' Split incoming data into component parts of
              ' date, name and number.
              s_paramaters = split(what_parameters,Chr(9))
              s_ncid_date = s_paramaters(0)
              s_ncid_name = s_paramaters(1)
              s_ncid_number = s_paramaters(2)

'--------------------------------------------
              ' Example 7: Send Caller ID info to all YAC
              ' clients.
              '--------------------------------------------
              s_yac_msg = s_ncid_date & ": " & s_ncid_name & " " & s_ncid_number

i=hs.launch("YACTextSend.exe",s_yac_msg)

end function
              </pre>

Please forgive any typos.

--David

Comment

Works great! Just remember to have the YAC server running on the HS computer and have it setup for your listeners. Actually this might be a good way to send any kind of message to your other computers.

John
                John

Comment

I love YAC. It really works nicely with the TiVo.

Mark

LyonsHome.NET

Comment

Originally posted by dkindred
                    Hey, John,

It looks as if the YACTextSend program will do the trick for you. If you place the executable in the same location as the script, I imagine something close to the following air code might work for you:
                    Please forgive any typos.

--David

I tried this, and the YAC server doesn't send anything to the clients. I have it set up so that meedio is running a YAC client. Communication between the YAC client and server works fine running the "test listeners" button on the server, but the message never gets re-transmitted to any of the other clients when I use the YACTextSend program. Hmm, perhaps it's the formatting of the number. I just tried to send a test message to the meedio client and nothing shows up their either. I will investigate further and perhaps post here.

Comment

I set up yac last night to do a pop up on my touchscreen. Its a little slow but its more of a cool factor VS funtion anyway. The announcment is what we use or my Dish satellite receiver displays the number on the tv.
                      John

Comment

johnnybwis,
                        If your YAC is acting slow there must be something wrong. I have YAC popup with my callerID on all PC's in the house and it pops up before HSP announces the caller over the house speakers. It's less than a sec here.
                        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'll have to check were I inserted the code into the WafnetCID script. Maybe I need to move it ahead of some of the other stuff I have going on.
                          John

Comment

I have YAC working sending from HS via YACTextSend.exe:

sub main()

cname = hsp.CIDName(1)
                            cnumber = hsp.CIDNumber(1)

s_yac_msg = "@CALL" & cname & "~" & cnumber

' This next line sends out the CID to YAC clients on any PC's
                            i=hs.launch("C:\Program Files\HomeSeer\YACTextSend.exe",s_yac_msg)

end sub

Rupp I think this was an example you had posted before I made some small changes. Formated the string passed to emulate the CID version other wise it gets passed to clients as a Text Message and not a CID message. Works great on a YAC Client for Windows Media Center 2005 which has caller pictures in the pop up.

All I need to finish this out is way to get the HSP Phone book friendly name vice the HSP Raw CID Name. I see that HSP changed and announces the HSP PB Name and also logs this matched name in HS Log. How can I get at this data and use it in the above example. I wish HSP had a hsp.CIDPBName version that returned the matched Phone Book Name. Have to put in a feature request. Does not look like HSP will change anytime soon.

M MCSharry gave me an example but that is way over my head at this point. I hate to give up on HSP and go back to just using the NEetCallerID scripting I had before. I worked fine but have moved to HSP/W2C. NetCallID combo now that works great. Now if I could only get this to MCE 2005 I would be complete. Thanks for any suggestions.

Comment

Any thoughts on how to do the opposite of HS sending out YAC text? Meaning, I use YAC throughout my home for MCE related display. I'd love for a Homeseer client to be able to pickup the YAC broadcasts somehow. Perhaps the ability to store it in a virtual device?

Or - am I just missing the boat entirely on the caller ID logging? Currently I just have a generic modem that does the YAC broadcasting - so I'd prefer to not have to purchase anything else from a hardware standpoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X