This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASP Page

Does anyone have a function that will write the caller ID info to a web page? I'm currently using the sample script to announce callers.

TIA for any help,

mc

*stand alone - no HSP*

Do you want a record of calls or do you want a web page that shows the current call?

This thread save caller id info to file contains the code I use to write information to a file for each call received (a log of all calls). Actually, I have changed the code a bit since then to fix some formatting.

I have an asp page that I use to display the information from that file. I can post that code if you want - but I'll need to look at it first since I don't remember what shape I left it in. It works, but it may be very messy.

Ideally, this logging should be done using a real database. Eventually, I'll need to figure out how to do that.

Comment

Thanks. I saw that thread but I was being lazy and looking more for an out-of-the-box solution. I'd appreciate any code you have and will dust off my ASP books

mc

Comment

This is a great CID displaying ASP.. I think Orlando wrote it.

HS 1.6.175 HSP 1.0.73
        Pentium 4 2.6 GHz w/ HT
        512 MB Dual Write RAM
        3 Fujitsu 510 Touch Pads
        Way2Call Hi-Phone USB
        NeoSpeech Kate 16
        Ocelot / SECU-16 / SECU-16I
        mcs Temperature (Works great!)
        NetCallerID Box
        Attached Files

~Bill

Comment

Hi Guys,
          I notice that this script uses:
          cPath = "c:\program files\homeseer\callers.log"
          Can someone post a sample of this file? Feel free to edit the phone numbers... I'm only looking for about 5 lines or so, so I can see the format.
          I wrote a program that runs on my PC and gets CID information from the mcsAudrey plugin and displays it on the screen, it would be cool to have it write a simular "callers2.log" so I could take advantage of this ASP page to view recent callers.
          I found this format on the boards here, but no indication that is the "callers.log" format- (number) (phone group code) (custom announcement)
          3015551212 55 Mom or Dad
          3012225555 2044 Pharmacy
          3019990000 3033 Fund-raising Twits
          Thank you very much,
          Jay

Comment

I have an older script that runs on CID available tigger from HS, which keeps a caller log file updated and trimmed to X number of entries. Then I use a web page to display it. Contact me via email if you're interested in it.

- Gordon

Write your Congresspeople that we want tighter anti-spam legislation. The new CANSPAM act actually gives marketers the right to spam you at least once, and you have to opt-out with each business. Who's rights are being protected? Business, not the peoples'. See http://www.cauce.org .

[This message was edited by Gordon Cunningham on Sat, 10 January 2004 at 07:15 PM.]
            Attached Files
            |
            | - Gordon

"I'm a Man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess." - Man's Prayer, Possum Lodge, The Red Green Show
            HiddenGemStudio.com - MaineMusicians.org - CunninghamCreativeMaine.website

Comment

Gordon could you email me that script? I am looking to do something simular. Thanks

John
              John

Comment

Smee,

I have a script that will log the caller info to a SQL Server table. I'm out of town, but if you drop me an email to remind me I would be happy to email it to you. Right now it also logs to a text file as I have not transitioned my display code to read from the database yet.

Mick

Comment

Gordon -

Could I get a copy of your CID script? This is exactly what I been searching for in the script forums, but with no luck. I tried to send you an email, but couldn't. will@techtronics.net.

Thanks---
                  Last edited by ; November 17, 2004, 11:43 PM.

Comment

Wilt,
                    Did the one I uploaded not work for you?
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
                    X